News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2014, 07:03:42 PM
On the final night, saw Waiting for Godot with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. Enjoyed No Man's Land better though seeing those two do physical humor was entertaining. :)

Benefits of living at The Center Of The Universe.   :(

HVC

Walking dead: [spoiler]well, that was unexpected. [/spoiler]

*Edit* just in case the usually crowd gets uppity :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Quote from: HVC on March 30, 2014, 08:25:18 PM

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 30, 2014, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 30, 2014, 08:25:18 PM

[spoiler]They didn't come out and call the Terminus peeps cannibals (as was often speculated), but in their little chase, they did pass by that butcher pile...and it didn't look like cattle.

And considering the not-too-subtle story focus on food and farming in a post-zombie apocalypse society...[/spoiler]

CountDeMoney

Man, I really gotta catch up with Walking Dead.  :unsure:

HVC

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 30, 2014, 09:06:58 PM

[spoiler]They didn't come out and call the Terminus peeps cannibals (as was often speculated), but in their little chase, they did pass by that butcher pile...and it didn't look like cattle.

And considering the not-too-subtle story focus on food and farming in a post-zombie apocalypse society...[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Ya, they definitely looked human. Also, what's up with the weird candle/religious room?

And either Glenn or Maggie is going to die next season. Burning that picture was just bad foreshadowing. It'll probably be Maggie, just because Glenn has horseshoes throughout the series.[/spoiler]
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Quote from: HVC on March 30, 2014, 09:12:05 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 30, 2014, 09:06:58 PM

[spoiler]Ya, they definitely looked human. Also, what's up with the weird candle/religious room?

And either Glenn or Maggie is going to die next season. Burning that picture was just bad foreshadowing. It'll probably be Maggie, just because Glenn has horseshoes throughout the series.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Maybe they honor the people they eat? 

Guessing the lack of children in the place, I am guessing Terminus is a mash-up of the cannibals from the comics...so probably their children that they ate.[/spoiler]

Queequeg

Walking Dead: [spoiler]I'm not convinced of that.  The bones looked human, but the room looked really cultish.  They might try to convert people.  Also, I'm not sure how they maintain that population density just on human cannibalism.[/spoiler]
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Quote from: Queequeg on March 30, 2014, 09:20:48 PM
Walking Dead: [spoiler]I'm not convinced of that.  The bones looked human, but the room looked really cultish.  They might try to convert people.  Also, I'm not sure how they maintain that population density just on human cannibalism.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]They had some supplemental agriculture going.  But sometimes you just want a juicy steak.[/spoiler]

Queequeg

[spoiler]Yeah that's a definite possibility.  But given the candles I'm still guessing there is some kind of cult and initiation and integration procedure.[/spoiler]
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Queequeg on March 30, 2014, 09:25:30 PM
[spoiler]Yeah that's a definite possibility.  But given the candles I'm still guessing there is some kind of cult and initiation and integration procedure.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Maybe...though they did waste a lot of ammo just to get them into the railcar...I mean, they could have just moved them up on the menu.[/spoiler]

Queequeg

[spoiler]You have to be really, really careful being a cannibal in a world where the livestock not only rots nearly instantly but will then try to take a bite out of you.[/spoiler]

Queequeg

[spoiler]Is it just me or would some kind of vague description or depiction of the reanimation and zombie decay process be interesting?  There was an episode a while back where you got to see the inside of a Zombie's head and it looked kind of like calamari.  [/spoiler]