And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2014, 02:21:39 PM
That's not a gimmick; that's "high concept."

My big issue with Inception is that the actual "inception" (the business with the millionaire and his dad), is really uninteresting, and the scenes themselves fall flat on review once the fireworks no longer surprise you. The third act when Leo's wife takes center stage is really cool though, because then I care again.

I like the film, mind.

Admiral Yi

i thought the weakest part of the movie was the three hundred years of dream time Leonardo and the Nip dude spent trapped in that one level.  Some aging makeup and two scenes didn't do enough to convey the passage of time, which I thought was pretty important to the story.

The floating bodies worked for me, the bending cities worked for me.  Then again I haven't given it a rewatch yet.

Norgy

It was underwhelming.
The idea is good. The execution, not so much. And I agree with CountDeMoviereviwer, it was way too long.

Ideologue

I'm watching the BBC tiny-camera documentary, Life in the Undergrowth.  It's about bugs.  EWWWWW.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

The Night of the Living Dead. They came for Barbara.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2014, 09:05:48 AM
Of that list, Frozen was the most entertaining. One of the chicks needed to piss in Olaf's mouth though to give it an A+

It's my niece's favorite movie now.  My sis went through a goth phase (or something), where she had a chip on shoulder about everything as a teenager.  She was mad that my dad used to call her princess and painted her room pink when she was really young.  Now my sis is more grown up and her daughter loves Disney princess movies and wants her parents to paint her room pink.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I've been impressed with Disney's output lately in the animated sphere. There for awhile, I cringed at the shit they was putting out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Queequeg on March 28, 2014, 10:40:43 PM
Holy Fuck.  This season of Hannibal is so fucking perfect.  Fuck fuck fuck.

Largely concur.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2014, 02:21:39 PM
That's not a gimmick; that's "high concept."

by god, you're right

Ideologue

The Purge 2 is looking like it might be the movie the first one always needed to be, and never quite was.  Probably a dumb thing to get excited over, but there you go.
Kinemalogue

Josquius

Hannibal picks up then? I gave the first episode a shot and didn't do anything for me.
██████
██████
██████

LaCroix

her - best movie i've seen in a long time

Eddie Teach

Did they have as much chemistry as Lars and the Real Girl?

LaCroix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 29, 2014, 11:56:48 PM
Did they have as much chemistry as Lars and the Real Girl?

that movie was just OK

her is much better

Eddie Teach

You didn't answer the question.  :P