News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

[spoiler]AFAIK the show's creator already ruled out anything supernatural regarding the Yellow King and Carcosa references.[/spoiler]

Queequeg

Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2014, 03:56:08 PM
[spoiler]AFAIK the show's creator already ruled out anything supernatural regarding the Yellow King and Carcosa references.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]He said there wasn't anything supernatural yet and he asked if there was any reason thus far to see anything supernatural. His statement was more equivocal than you are making it out to be.[/spoiler]
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Holy shit, it's the Call of My Little Pony.

The Larch

Quote from: Queequeg on March 09, 2014, 04:03:31 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2014, 03:56:08 PM
[spoiler]He said there wasn't anything supernatural yet and he asked if there was any reason thus far to see anything supernatural. His statement was more equivocal than you are making it out to be.[/spoiler]

Don't remember the exact wording, that was my recollection. We'll see soon.

katmai

You are such a spaz Spellus.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

CountDeMoney

I give Spazllus credit, though;  if he came up with a screenplay, it would be filled with so many arcane references and devices, only the most literate Languishite could appreciate it.

But the pitch would fail because he'd have watered it down with so much armpit-of-Europe reactionary ethnicky bullshit, they'd never buy the treatment.

Ed Anger

Dennis Miller without the whimsy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I watch an episode of My Little Pony today. It was pretty grim.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Anyone else notice Woody was wearing a Pink Floyd 94 tour shirt?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Josephus on March 09, 2014, 06:49:09 PM
Anyone else notice Woody was wearing a Pink Floyd 94 tour shirt?

I saw that show. :P

I think it was in the Horseshoe.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 09, 2014, 06:40:57 PM
It's a show about magic ponies for little girls, how grim could it be? :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 09, 2014, 06:40:57 PM

Welcome to my goddamned life, with 2 pony addicted girls.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive