Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on March 07, 2014, 06:04:38 PM
Much like Grease

You mean like the part where Sandy's virginity gets thrown in the woodchipper?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

:D

Anyway, fine as it is, Fargo is more than a touch overrated.  It's far from the best of the Coens.  Of the ones I've seen, only O Brother I'd say is not as good as Fargo, and the heights (Lebowski, Serious Man, No Country) are so much better.

(Caveat: I have never seen Hudsucker, Burn After Reading, Intolerable Cruelty, The Man Who Wasn't There, or--along with everyone else--The Ladykillers.  But it's Hanks!  The Coens!  I refuse to believe it's not great!)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on March 07, 2014, 07:59:52 PM
It's far from the best of the Coens. 
(Caveat: I have never seen everything else.

:rolleyes:

Eddie Teach

I've seen all the films mentioned except Serious Man. And I'm not even a big Coen Brothers fan.  :P

Ed Anger

I've never watched Fargo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on March 07, 2014, 02:09:53 PM
So, any thoughts about the likely end to True Detective?

I'm now leaning toward [spoiler]Marty and Cohle just going out in a blaze of glory - maybe the black detectives show up and kill them after they deal with the Tuttles?[/spoiler] Also, will they actually resolve the case this season, or will the [spoiler]Yellow King/Carcosa[/spoiler] be what connects the seasons together?

After the truce, I've becoming increasingly convinced that they [spoiler]are going to go out Butch and Sundance style, the closer they get to the conspiracy and the madness[/spoiler].

Liep

The first 3-4 minutes of the 2nd episode of Hannibal season 2 contends for the most horrific television I've ever seen.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on March 08, 2014, 07:00:06 AM
The first 3-4 minutes of the 2nd episode of Hannibal season 2 contends for the most horrific television I've ever seen.

Guess you missed late season Scrubs.

Eddie Teach

Scrubs at its worst was still better than most sitcoms.

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 08, 2014, 07:33:05 AM
Scrubs at its worst was still better than most sitcoms.

Yeah well I didn't feel like going there.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on March 08, 2014, 02:24:37 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 07, 2014, 09:22:16 PM
I've never watched Fargo.

But it has a Swede... :cry:

I like Gustaf Skarsgård.  :)

And Peter Stormare.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

Man Hannibal really stepped up it's game. The first season had some real problems but fuck the first two episodes have been amazing.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."