News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

How can it be whole with no [spoiler]Hershel?[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

And I bet at least one more "bites" it. Also, [spoiler]I wonder if the baby is somehow still alive?[/spoiler]
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

That's not a spoiler Lusti, that's speculation.

I believe she's still alive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

lustindarkness

Spoiler for someone that has not seen the first epidode yet.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 13, 2014, 10:23:05 AM
[spoiler]No more odd than the armless/mouthless zombies suddenly becoming all passive.  You'd think they would still be trying to force living body parts down their throat by inertia or something.  But also notice that before she did the sword rage thing, she was doing a depressed zombie-walk.[/spoiler]

Yeah, I thought the same thing as well.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2014, 10:22:02 AM
I think this plays in the fear factor. They don't sniff you out, they only hear you.

No, cause in Season One, they deliberately showed that smearing yourself in zombie goo acts as a deterrent.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on February 13, 2014, 12:31:19 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 13, 2014, 01:00:47 AM
[spoiler]You try getting a good night's sleep when your immune system is attacking your brain. [/spoiler]
Quote from: Josephus on February 13, 2014, 10:20:17 AM
It was awesome.

And no one commented on my previous comment

[spoiler]I found it odd that Michonne could walk with the herd unnoticed. I know that she had the two pets with her, but that shouldn't stop the other zombies from sniffing her out. In S.1 they had to pretty much cover themselves head to toe in zombie goo to prevent being detected in a herd.[/spoiler]

It's been established since the second season. 

[spoiler]Having passive zombies close by changes everything.  Possibly due not only to human scent being masked, but might be some pheromones from the passive zombies too.  Now why are they passive when their hands and mouth are cut is a mystery just as why there are zombies in the first place [/spoiler]

Oh, Ok. I don't remember that.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on February 13, 2014, 12:31:19 PM
[spoiler] Now why are they passive when their hands and mouth are cut is a mystery just as why there are zombies in the first place [/spoiler]

That has been covered in past seasons as well.

[spoiler]once they lose the ability to bite or claw a victim they become docile.  The why they are Zombies was covered in Season 1 iirc when they were in the Centre for Disease Control in Altanta.  Everyone is infected with something - dont think we yet know what that something is - which turns people into Zombies when they die.  The process can be sped up when a victim get bitten or clawed.  Although they seem to have dropped the clawing bit in recent episodes[/spoiler]

Tonitrus

I am pretty damned sure the dociliity has never been covered.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 13, 2014, 05:28:13 PM

You would be wrong.  Michone or however you spell her name explained it when her character was first introduced.  They didnt just show her lugging those two zombies around with her with no explanation.

Savonarola

The Marriage Circle (1924)

This is Lubitsch's second US film (the first was the Mary Pickford vehicle "Rosita.")  Lubitsch said that he saw Chaplin's "Woman of Paris" and decided that was the sort of film he wanted to make.  This is his first Hollywood film along those lines; it's filled with vamps, suspected infidelities, secrets and blind husbands, all classic Lubitsch fare.

Many of the films stars were big names in the silent era.  The male stars, Adolphe Menjou and Monte Blue would both go on to have careers well into the sound era.  The leading ladies, Marie Prevost and Florence Vidor would both have their career destroyed by "The Demon Mike."  Vidor was then married to director King Vidor, and would go on to marry Jascha Heifetz (not quite as good as Alma Mahler, but she did pretty well.)  Prevost would drink herself to death at age 37.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Pompeii looks so bad. I wish they would stop playing the ads.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 13, 2014, 05:30:51 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 13, 2014, 05:28:13 PM

You would be wrong.  Michone or however you spell her name explained it when her character was first introduced.  They didnt just show her lugging those two zombies around with her with no explanation.

I just watched those episodes again recently...no explanation.

Queequeg

I think I might give up watching Walking Dead.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!