News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Yeah.  Also, Hannibal's superhuman sense of smell is repeatedly used to very, very creepy effect.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

My initial suspicion that there would be just about more serial killers in Hannibal than there are regular murders in Baltimore has borne out nicely too. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Queequeg

I think there's only one serial killer in the Baltimore area on the show who isn't Hannibal. FBI is federal.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

That's a lot of elided over plane rides.  No wonder Will Graham is so tired all the time.  Also it's because he's a weenie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Queequeg

[spoiler]You try getting a good night's sleep when your immune system is attacking your brain. [/spoiler]

Grey Fox

We need more Walking dead talk. This Crazy Alive maneating talk sucks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Not much to say about last episode.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

It was awesome.

And no one commented on my previous comment

[spoiler]I found it odd that Michonne could walk with the herd unnoticed. I know that she had the two pets with her, but that shouldn't stop the other zombies from sniffing her out. In S.1 they had to pretty much cover themselves head to toe in zombie goo to prevent being detected in a herd.[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Also not enough talk about Shameless. After a poor second season, this show keeps pushing boundaries and is one of the most underrated shows on US Cable these days.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

I think this plays in the fear factor. They don't sniff you out, they only hear you.

Tonitrus

[spoiler]No more odd than the armless/mouthless zombies suddenly becoming all passive.  You'd think they would still be trying to force living body parts down their throat by inertia or something.  But also notice that before she did the sword rage thing, she was doing a depressed zombie-walk.[/spoiler]

viper37

Quote from: Queequeg on February 13, 2014, 01:00:47 AM
[spoiler]You try getting a good night's sleep when your immune system is attacking your brain. [/spoiler]
Quote from: Josephus on February 13, 2014, 10:20:17 AM
It was awesome.

And no one commented on my previous comment

[spoiler]I found it odd that Michonne could walk with the herd unnoticed. I know that she had the two pets with her, but that shouldn't stop the other zombies from sniffing her out. In S.1 they had to pretty much cover themselves head to toe in zombie goo to prevent being detected in a herd.[/spoiler]

It's been established since the second season. 

[spoiler]Having passive zombies close by changes everything.  Possibly due not only to human scent being masked, but might be some pheromones from the passive zombies too.  Now why are they passive when their hands and mouth are cut is a mystery just as why there are zombies in the first place [/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Watched the first episode of the walking dead of this half season.  After such a dramatic ending to the last half season this was, in a word, boring.  Lots of character development but I found myself not really caring about the characters.

Tonitrus

That was pretty much my take as well.

Grey Fox

It's everybody's take. Get ready we're getting 3 more episodes of this until the gang is, once again, whole.