And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

February Release.  Not expecting much.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Second trailer looked much better than the first, but still doesn't draw me in.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Checking out some other reviews - generally people didn't hate it (every single one says "well at least it's better than the Total Recall remake"), but no one fell in love with it either.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Swedish Robocop is second best Robocop.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on February 07, 2014, 02:40:55 PM
Checking out some other reviews - generally people didn't hate it (every single one says "well at least it's better than the Total Recall remake"), but no one fell in love with it either.

that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Ide will, when he gives it a B+.

Eddie Teach

Ide would give a trip to the dentist a B+, as long as there's no drilling.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I gave a B+ to your mom last night.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Watching something called Breakout Kings.  Not terrible.
PDH!

Ideologue

I really underrated Side Effects the first time I saw it.

I gave it a B, but it's honestly more like a B+ or A.  Really one of my favorite films of 2013.  "Hitchcockian" doesn't imply enough.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I've nearly finished Star Trek TNG s2- holy crap there's a lot of sex in there. True, Kirk is famous for it...but it was always in that 1960s girl swoons and fade to black way. In TNG...they speak of it rather casually. Interesting. Can't remember that at all.

I'm also watching the Detroit Metal City anime series. Last time I tried to watch it, pre-Japan, the crappy 10 minute long episodes and general style put me off, though I have always loved the live action film, now though...I'm really rather liking it. It is very funny. Perfect story of selling out. It is a silly comedy and not to be treat too seriously but still I do really wonder how the main character got into the situation...it is just never explained.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on February 07, 2014, 05:41:29 PM
I gave a B+ to your mom last night.

Must be sad when even old women don't give your lovemaking an A.

The Brain

At least it wasn't an HIV+.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

The Legacy keeps getting better and better. Carsten Bjørnlund is a tremendous actor.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

I did like the Total Recall remake...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.