News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on January 27, 2014, 09:27:09 AM
The new Robocop is PG-13. It's going to be shit a la the Total Recall remake.

Then again, by all accounts the Judge Dredd remake was an improvement on Stallone's version, so right now it's the rubber match.

Sheilbh

I can imagine a decent remake/reboot of Robocop. I'm just sad that the only recent original(-ish) blockbuster that springs to mind is Avatar.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2014, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: Kleves on January 27, 2014, 09:27:09 AM
The new Robocop is PG-13. It's going to be shit a la the Total Recall remake.

Then again, by all accounts the Judge Dredd remake was an improvement on Stallone's version, so right now it's the rubber match.

Hey, if Hollywood wants to remake a crap movie like Stallone's Dredd they can fill their boots.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

They can fill their boots?  :huh:

Barrister

CountDeMoney

Pretty sure that's some sort of obscure White Horse regional expression, one--if I correctly assume--with an apparent negative connotation.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Obviously Yi failed to fill his boots in the past.  Ergo, empty boots.

Sheilbh

I've heard that before. Wonder where it's from because I'd have guessed Westerns, but then I'd have thought Yi would have heard it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Iormlund

Remakes aren't evil per se. It's just that when trying to remake a classic the bar is so high you're not likely to succeed.

Admiral Yi

BTW, all you jug fans will want to click Beeb's link.  :)

Ed Anger

I liked the Stallone Dredd better than the new one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Supposedly "fill your boots" goes back to the Royal Navy - if sailors were getting extra rum rations they'd be told to fill your boots - take whatever you can.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2014, 01:45:14 PM
RoboCop was an awesome, perhaps even perfect movie for what it was trying to do.

I can't imagine any real way to improve upon it, but numerous ways they could screw it up.

My take too. Leave well enough alone. Anyone who hasn't seen it can download it, or whatever kids do these days.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Wouldn't hurt to computer enhance the female sidekick's bad 80s hair.