And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

saw first two eps of True Detective

Very good so far, yes.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 25, 2014, 05:55:04 AM
I watched the Apocolypse Happens at James Franco's House Party.  A reasonable way to kill a few hours, but nothing special.  No really hilarious bits.

Well, I did get a bit of a laugh out of the Michael Cerra-coke head sex maniac part.

strong beginning, mediocre middle, and turns to kind of shit sometime around the demon-rape

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on January 25, 2014, 12:46:06 PM
saw first two eps of True Detective

Very good so far, yes.

Aka "What if Ide had wanted to be a cop instead of a lawyer".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I wish I had Harrelson or McConaughey's looks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Anyway, I'm barred from any law enforcement position in every jurisdiction I've ever checked.  So there's also that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I look like Tommy Lee Jones after he walked into a wall.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2014, 06:55:20 PM
I wish I had Harrelson or McConaughey's looks.

You at least have Harrelson diction.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Josquius

Percy Jackson and the lightning thief- Oh my gods. So much wrong here. The whole thing is just silly and nonsensical. And I'm not talking about the base plot elements of demi-gods and fantasy and all that sort of thing.
The way the characters act...what they say...it's just dumb. "Lets walk through an archery field and complain about the people firing there", "Lets throw our precious kids who we're trying to save into a sword fight!" "Oh look. A pretty girl. Let's explain everything about her whilst she looks at us in slow motion. She's clearly going to be a major character ey" "Cliched black sidekick in da house, boo-ya!"
It seems like a made for TV Harry Potter rip off...but apparently had a significant budget and was rather succesful? Kids these days. Pff.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

The sequel is pretty bad too, although it does have one awesome image, that of what first appears to be shark fins revealed to be Charybdis emerging from the deep.  The entire rest of the movie alternates from boring to bad and the entire thing is shot in hideous, undersaturated blue-and-gray.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2014, 06:55:20 PM
Harrelson or McConaughey's

Clearly you are the brooding atheist. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

I only watched the two of them because of the future ex mrs katmai.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on January 25, 2014, 01:50:16 PM
strong beginning, mediocre middle, and turns to kind of shit sometime around the demon-rape

There were funny bits later on: the Milky Way bit, the Hermione rape bit.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 25, 2014, 08:39:32 PMThere were funny bits later on: the Milky Way bit, the Hermione rape bit.

going to have to disagree on milky way. agreed on hermione

Ideologue

It was my seventh favorite film of the year.
Kinemalogue