And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Yep. Here we go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ways_of_Seeing

I've not seen the series but the book's great.
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 24, 2014, 08:27:31 PM
I've not seen the series but the book's great.

Same.  It's a classic.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Quote from: Savonarola on January 24, 2014, 10:14:09 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 24, 2014, 01:01:53 AM
Strangers On a Train (1951).  Lotta tennis in this picture.  A lot.

A

It's one of my favorite Hitchcock movies; though I think that even by Hitchcock standards Farley Granger and Ruth Roman are not a believable romantic couple.  Of course the real romance is between Robert Walker and Farley Granger.  They have a great deal of on screen chemistry; which is one of the reasons why the film is so great.

God, next you'll be telling me there's some kind of homosexual subtext to Rope. :rolleyes:

I also agree with you.  Talkies are better. :shifty:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2014, 06:28:54 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 24, 2014, 01:01:53 AM
QuoteRobert Redford slowly dies.  It's decent.

Written and directed by J.C. Chandor
With Robert Redford and Scott Witherell (Our Man)

Spoiler alert: mild, but goes to severe with more than adequate warning

Shouldn't the spoiler alert go before the spoiler?

I originally had that "dies for a hundred minutes."  No spoilers were intended, rather than to simply say, the man suffers. -_-

QuoteLike with many a survival film, especially one as sparsely populated as this, it can be hard to get much more specific than that when discussing All Is Lost, short of simply transcribing its events.
car crash gif meme thing

You think a transcription of events is a story?  No wonder your novel's gone so well.

Edit: meh, maybe you're right.  Seems less clever now that I look at it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Caught the last few minutes of Oblivion: Tom Cruise SyFy flick.  Based on what I saw I'll make an effort to see the whole thing.

Wasn't that opening in theaters like 3 months ago?

Cue The Big Bean...

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 25, 2014, 12:17:54 AM
Caught the last few minutes of Oblivion: Tom Cruise SyFy flick.  Based on what I saw I'll make an effort to see the whole thing.

Wasn't that opening in theaters like 3 months ago?

Cue The Big Bean...

Worth a watch.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Oblivion was released in May 2013.  It is very, very good.

Who's the Big Bean? :unsure:
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2014, 12:19:46 AM

Think racially.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2014, 12:19:46 AM

Me.
And it came out Apr 19th.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Well, darn, that's right.  I saw it again in May.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 24, 2014, 10:34:10 PM
You think a transcription of events is a story?  No wonder your novel's gone so well.

Edit: meh, maybe you're right.  Seems less clever now that I look at it.

I included that pic, because that's what that sentence does to the English reader.

Really now..."Like with many a survival film"..?  What, is "like many survival films" simply not pretentious and bombastic enough?

Edit:  douchebag.

Ideologue

Pretense and bombast is my bread and butter.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

I watched the Apocolypse Happens at James Franco's House Party.  A reasonable way to kill a few hours, but nothing special.  No really hilarious bits.

Well, I did get a bit of a laugh out of the Michael Cerra-coke head sex maniac part.