News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 21, 2014, 10:31:46 PM

I snorted cheap whiskey out of my nose. The guy in front looks like our deputy city clerk, and the guy behind him looks like our 5th Ward Councilman.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on January 21, 2014, 01:11:37 AM
True Detectives is good, and so far Helix looks pretty good as well.

The chick in TD with the tits. Jesus H. Fucking Christ.
Yeah.  Pretty impressive on such a small frame.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

After thousands of posts, this thread finally delivers.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Queequeg

I like how two people independently brought up Alexandra Daddario's tits on a semi-obscure HBO show, and that both discussions ran for multiple pages.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: Queequeg on January 21, 2014, 11:36:31 PM
I like how two people independently brought up Alexandra Daddario's tits on a semi-obscure HBO show, and that both discussions ran for multiple pages.
Semi Obscure show?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

I don't feel like it is well established on HBO yet. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2014, 11:43:46 PM
Semi Obscure show?

All QQ knows is "semi obscure".  It's his thing.

katmai

Quote from: Queequeg on January 21, 2014, 11:44:40 PM

They have been hawking it like crazy, semi obscure on hbo would be Looking, not True Detective.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2014, 11:52:36 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on January 21, 2014, 11:44:40 PM

They have been hawking it like crazy, semi obscure on hbo would be Looking, not True Detective.
No shit.  They've been flogging it like crazy, and it stars two A-listers, one of who also happens to be nominated for a bunch of awards this year.  It's not a cultural phenomenon like The Sopranos or Game of Thrones, but it certainly isn't obscure.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Fair enough, though I doubt anyone here will be obsessing over anyone's tits from Looking.

Berkut

If ever there were tits worthy of obsession...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Queequeg on January 21, 2014, 11:56:25 PM
Fair enough, though I doubt anyone here will be obsessing over anyone's tits from Looking.

Don't short shrift Garbo like that!