News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Ide told me that it was awesome so I had to try. That's also how I got my DUI.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Been watching Oz. Gaol seems to suck.

Liep

Did Neil ban the use of jail on language?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

"Jail" isn't nearly Machiavellian enough.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Man, The 9th Gate is a fucking mess.  Is The Club Dumas really just a second-rate Foucault's Pendulum?  That's kind of the vibe I got from the movie. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2014, 02:23:28 PM
Why are so many people seeing John Carter just now?  :hmm:
I've had the DVD for ages. Only just got a week to myself.
██████
██████
██████

Scipio

Quote from: Queequeg on January 04, 2014, 08:51:23 PM
Man, The 9th Gate is a fucking mess.  Is The Club Dumas really just a second-rate Foucault's Pendulum?  That's kind of the vibe I got from the movie.
Nope.

It's wholly different. It's a Boy's Own Foucault's Pendulum (i.e., stripped of all the pretension, and doubled up on the action).
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Quote from: Syt on January 03, 2014, 02:38:08 PM
His family speaks British English, too. In one episode Data refers to French as an "obscure language", so maybe it's not widely spoken anymore?
Humankind has advanced beyond racism and small-mindedness, so who would be left to speak French?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on January 04, 2014, 11:08:12 PM
His family speaks British English, too. In one episode Data refers to French as an "obscure language", so maybe it's not widely spoken anymore?
Humankind has advanced beyond racism and small-mindedness, so who would be left to speak French?
Damn!  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: Neil on January 04, 2014, 11:08:12 PM
No one, seeing the English nazis exterminated everyone else.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.