News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Maybe that's an NYC thing.  You can go anywhere in Columbia with a debit card and pay.  Even bullshit hipster places--used book store, comic book store, upscale eatery, downscale bar.  Hell, you can pay with a debit card at the DMV.  It rings false to me, but perhaps it's just I don't live in the, er, hub of civilization. :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2013, 02:26:12 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 02:13:29 AM
Three shitty movies in one day, hooray! 

During which you could've knocked out Reds instead.  :ebertfrowny:

OK, I do need to watch Reds.  I know.  But it's soooo looooonng and I don't smoke anymore.

Also The Parallax View.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I thought it was supposed to be pretty good?  No?
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Sure, on a scale where Antichrist gets a C+ it's probably worth a B+.

Actually, I've only seen part of the movie. Some kind of conspiracy, trippy video where a bunch of images are associated with words, yadda yadda. Didn't really draw me in.

Syt

The best part of Antichrist was watching it with an artsy hipster festival audience who weren't quite up for the more explicit stuff on screen.

It was even better than when I watched Starship Troopers and my friends and I were the only ones in the theater who found it hilarious and were laughing a lot of the time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2013, 03:17:51 AM
Actually, I've only seen part of the movie. Some kind of conspiracy, trippy video where a bunch of images are associated with words, yadda yadda. Didn't really draw me in.

Well, now I wanna see it more than I did. :D

QuoteSure, on a scale where Antichrist gets a C+ it's probably worth a B+.

How about on a scale where Frances Ha (2013) gets a D+?

As in, "Ha ha ha ha ha.  You're fucking kidding.  Aren't you?"
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Oh, and did I mention I watched The 7th Voyage of Sinbad?  It was pretty cool.  I like Ray Harryhausen.B :)
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 05:49:35 AM

I have no point of reference, other than you and Spellus not liking it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2013, 03:17:51 AM
Sure, on a scale where Antichrist gets a C+ it's probably worth a B+.

:lol: let him waste his time, he's young yet.  Has nothing else but time.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2013, 06:20:07 AM

Doesn't that say it all, man?
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

And if Money watched it, his Goddamned head would explode.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2013, 03:23:30 AM
The best part of Antichrist was watching it with an artsy hipster festival audience who weren't quite up for the more explicit stuff on screen.

How'd they respond to Dafoe's slo-mo slam?  Did they see that coming?
Kinemalogue

Brazen

Despite a swathe of high-tech and free alternatives available, I still intend to buy the Christmas edition of the Radio Times this year and circle everything I want to watch over the Christmas and New Year period with a red pen. Tradition!

Though if I really wanted to follow tradition, I'd buy the TV Times too, harking back to the days when the Radio Times only covered the two BBC channels and radio, and TV Times did just ITV. :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 06:32:01 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2013, 06:20:07 AM

Doesn't that say it all, man?

That would normally suggest it being too mainstream or something.