Enjoyed it a lot. And now Poirot's over forever :( :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2013, 05:02:33 PM
Seriously, how many people noticed?

I certainly didn't notice.  Oops.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on November 13, 2013, 05:10:32 PM
Terminator 3. Much better than the abortion that was 2.
Are you on crack?

I liked 3 more than most people, but this is a ludicrous statement.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Forget it Timmay, it is the Brain.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 13, 2013, 06:08:05 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 13, 2013, 04:53:25 PM
Watching the last episode of Poirot :weep:

Did HE do it?

That was how Agatha Christie ended him.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josephus on November 13, 2013, 07:27:32 PM

Did HE do it?

[spoiler]Y[/spoiler]

It was a very well done, funereal episode :weep:

Edit: Also thinking of converting my beard into a Porot moustache for movember :lol: :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

'Tudor Monastery Farm'  - more from the team that brought us 'Victorian Farm' and 'Tales from the Green Valley'.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 13, 2013, 07:31:28 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 13, 2013, 07:27:32 PM

Did HE do it?

[spoiler]Y[/spoiler]

It was a very well done, funereal episode :weep:

Edit: Also thinking of converting my beard into a Porot moustache for movember :lol: :blush:

Agatha Christie's last Poirot book was called Curtains. In it Poirot returned to the scene of his first case, Styles, telling his friend (is it Hastings, can't remember?) that there is a murder about to happen. Turns out...spoiler.....[spoiler]Poirot is the killer.[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

C.O.G - This is that movie based on one of Sedaris's stories in Naked. Not bad though certainly not as good as the short story. [spoiler]Also, unlike in the short story where when the one other gay guy reveals his shelves of dildos fills the reader with revulsion, watching the film I was like don't be a little bitch, live a little.[/spoiler] -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth (1912)

The immortal Sarah Bernhardt stars in all her histrionic glory in this tale of Elizabeth and Essex.  The story is shot with title scenes announcing what is to follow, and then the characters over-act it out while the camera sits nailed to the floor.  In the final scene Elizabeth dies, in front of her whole court, by belly-flopping into a pile of pillows.  It is among the funniest scenes in film.

Twenty seven years later Bette Davis and Errol Flynn would retell this story as "The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex."  It's amazing how far cinema had come in such a short time; silent to sound, Sarah Bernhardt to Bette Davis, static camera to mobile.  It's a world of difference in film, but in time it's the same distance from Aliens and Top Gun to today.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

viper37

Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 08:53:13 PM
Has she ever made a good movie??
hmm, Girl interupted?  One of the Tomb Raider? Gone in Sixty Seconds? Wanted?

I'd say prior to becoming anorexic, she was good.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

The Great Dictator (1940).  B+

Eyes Without a Face (1960).  B

Party Monster (I don't know).  B

The Fly (1986).  A

Seconds (1966).  B

Got Things to Come and Gran Prix from B+N today.  Ordered Blow Out, Paths of Glory, Videodrome, and, as part of my Christmas present for my dad, Bergman's The Magician/The Face/whatever it is in Swedish also.  Thanks a lot garb.  You know I'm weak. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Can anyone recommend any current US shows that are actually good?
Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Supernatural (hey, I've stuck with it this long...) are currently about all I watch.

Zero Dark Thirty- Slow start but gets pretty good. Interesting how the soldiers main tactic seems to be whispering target's names. Simple but effective.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2013, 11:56:54 PM
Can anyone recommend any current US shows that are actually good?
Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Supernatural (hey, I've stuck with it this long...) are currently about all I watch.

Not really the same of any of those, but The Good Wife is pretty fun - particularly post first season when it had played out the initial story seed of a woman living her life once her husband, a politician, was caught having an affair. Had a few rough patches in season 4 but back on high notes again in season 5.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.