And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I was kidding. :lol:

I own a 55" TV.

But I don't get cable.  Not because I'm an hippy, but because it's retarded expensive for something I'd use on average maybe half an hour a week.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on November 12, 2013, 12:33:39 PM

I own a 55" TV.

But I don't get cable.  Not because I'm an hippy, but because it's retarded expensive for something I'd use on average maybe half an hour a week.

Correction, you own a POS 55'' TV.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on November 12, 2013, 11:43:49 AM
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tonight.  If it's good, I'll watch one more episode.  If it's more of the same, I'm dropping this show. 

Revolution is intriguing now that  Aaron has gone full Carrie.  Not "good", but intriguing.  enough so that I'm watching it 'til Christmas.

Lost Girl is back, still good for a Canadian tv show.  Who would have thought?  They do know how to make good tv :P

Le Gentleman.  Quebec made police drama.  Pretty good actually.  It's similar to an american police drama, except there's no car chase and police officers don't use their guns outside the firing range :P
High point: hostage crisis, one of the cops place himself in ambush position.  Will he shoot the kidnapper in the head from behind?  Will the other policemen shoot the hostage through the shoulder?  Nah.  It's made in Quebec.  The cop drops his gun, and disarms the hostage taker, resolving the issue without unnecessary bloodshed.  You got to admire this distinct society :P
Anyhow, final episode tonight.  We know who the killer is, we just don't know how they'll get to him, or what were his motives.

Almost Human.  Android cop partners with human cop.  I have a feeling of déjà vu here.  Karl Urban stars in this new sci-fi/police drama.  Could be interesting, next Sunday, on my watch list.

Only 3 episodes left to Copper.  I liked that show.  It's probably for the better that it ends though, it might have suffered the fate of Revenge where the writers had expanded all their ideas after the first 2 seasons.

Revenge.  It's official, I am a masochist.  Watch me, by this time next month, I'll be describing you the latest episodes of Vampire Diaries and Reign.

You remind me of how much TV I dont watch.  :(
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I like NCIS. Even though the story lines are ridiculous.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2013, 02:20:56 PM

That whole fucking show is silly.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 02:24:13 PM

I'd give Cote de Pablo a special hug.

viper37

wich makes it great, just like Hawaii 5-0 :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 02:16:28 PM
You remind me of how much TV I dont watch.  :(
I watch too much tv, I often accumulate the shows for when comes the reruns.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2013, 02:26:53 PM

I'd give Cote de Pablo a special hug.
she left the show.

Ed Anger

viper37

it's your fault.  Too many creepy old people wanted to hug her.  :P

Scipio

Sleepy Hollow keeps going with a solid triple in last night's episode.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 12:37:10 PM
Yet you buy movies.

Yes.

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2013, 12:38:31 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 12, 2013, 12:33:39 PM

I own a 55" TV.

Correction, you own a POS 55'' TV.

I hope your great TV gets stolen too, asshole.  And anyway, it's not so bad.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)