And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 02:24:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2013, 02:20:56 PM
I like NCIS. Even though the story lines are ridiculous.

That whole fucking show is silly.

If only they really knew.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

They are rebooting Murder, She Wrote WITHOUT Angela Lansbury. I am absolutely furious :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Queequeg

The X-Files is weird.  I remember being stupified with terror watching this as a kid (I watched the immortal liver-devourer episode when I was about 5 or 6), but now I mostly appreciate how smartly it adapts elements from other series and movies.  Snow, for instance, has a lot of pretty clever nods to The Thing, it's obvious primary inspiration.  Also, Scully.  :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 12, 2013, 06:42:16 PM
Watching Iggy Pop as a Vorta. Famous guest aliens are cool.

Edit: http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2011/10/25-actors-and-celebrities-you-didnt-know-appeared-in-star-trek/#page/1

:P

Iggy Pop really surprised me.  It's all but impossible to tell it's him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

But I did know that.  He's my second favorite Vorta.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Kirsten Dunst was an ugly 11 year old. Hell, she ain't no prize chicken nowadays.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 08:38:02 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 12, 2013, 06:40:04 PM
HOT

NOT

Tim is an odd one. That said, I'll see it. Maleficent is my spirit animal and Jolie is Jolie.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Has she ever made a good movie??

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Sometimes she's good, sometimes she's not.  Loved her in Salt though, that was a badass flick.

11B4V

Admiral Yi

She looked like she was down to 85 pounds in Salt.