News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Btw, is Reds any good?  Seems like something I should watch, now that's on the Netflix Instant, but man is it long.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I didn't care for it. I'm not a John Reed fan.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2013, 09:37:47 PM

Not in 1983 it wasn't, goddammit.  I could make it through Reds, even with a large soda knocked out early.

Hey Crabby McCrabby pants I love the movie, it is one that If i see it is on, I'll switch over to watch it, kinda like Jaws and Raiders for me so :blurgh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Saw Thor 2.  Liked it, but not as much as I liked the first one.  Marked out for The Collector at the end.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 11, 2013, 09:49:51 PM
Btw, is Reds any good?  Seems like something I should watch, now that's on the Netflix Instant, but man is it long.

It was very good.  Any actual Jack Nicholson role that wasn't a sicko bad guy at the time.  On the other hand, he does play Eugene O'Neill.

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 10, 2013, 10:04:03 PM
I thought tonights episode of the Walking Dead was the best one of the season so far....[spoiler] Though I thought the Governor teaser at the end was detraction.  But then I also think they would have done better giving him a true finale at the end of last season, instead of dragging him out.[/spoiler]

Yeah, you're not kidding. Rate it in the top 5 episodes of the series for sure.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2013, 10:25:21 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 11, 2013, 09:49:51 PM

It was very good.  Any actual Jack Nicholson role that wasn't a sicko bad guy at the time.  On the other hand, he does play Eugene O'Neill.

I assume it's properly respectful of the Soviet achievement?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 11, 2013, 10:28:03 PM
I assume it's properly respectful of the Soviet achievement?

That depends.  :lol:

viper37

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tonight.  If it's good, I'll watch one more episode.  If it's more of the same, I'm dropping this show. 

Revolution is intriguing now that  Aaron has gone full Carrie.  Not "good", but intriguing.  enough so that I'm watching it 'til Christmas.

Lost Girl is back, still good for a Canadian tv show.  Who would have thought?  They do know how to make good tv :P

Le Gentleman.  Quebec made police drama.  Pretty good actually.  It's similar to an american police drama, except there's no car chase and police officers don't use their guns outside the firing range :P
High point: hostage crisis, one of the cops place himself in ambush position.  Will he shoot the kidnapper in the head from behind?  Will the other policemen shoot the hostage through the shoulder?  Nah.  It's made in Quebec.  The cop drops his gun, and disarms the hostage taker, resolving the issue without unnecessary bloodshed.  You got to admire this distinct society :P
Anyhow, final episode tonight.  We know who the killer is, we just don't know how they'll get to him, or what were his motives.

Almost Human.  Android cop partners with human cop.  I have a feeling of déjà vu here.  Karl Urban stars in this new sci-fi/police drama.  Could be interesting, next Sunday, on my watch list.

Only 3 episodes left to Copper.  I liked that show.  It's probably for the better that it ends though, it might have suffered the fate of Revenge where the writers had expanded all their ideas after the first 2 seasons.

Revenge.  It's official, I am a masochist.  Watch me, by this time next month, I'll be describing you the latest episodes of Vampire Diaries and Reign.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

Quote from: viper37 on November 12, 2013, 11:43:49 AM
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tonight.  If it's good, I'll watch one more episode.  If it's more of the same, I'm dropping this show. 

Revolution is intriguing now that  Aaron has gone full Carrie.  Not "good", but intriguing.  enough so that I'm watching it 'til Christmas.

hmmm... should I go back to s02e01 with that? the first season was the mindnumbingly mundane network style tv, are you suggesting I revist my descision to drop it?

Did they go talk to somebody who knows how electricity works and have found an explanation which wouldn't in, in reality, also cause all humans to drop dead brain dead.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

viper37

Quote from: Viking on November 12, 2013, 11:50:24 AM
hmmm... should I go back to s02e01 with that? the first season was the mindnumbingly mundane network style tv, are you suggesting I revist my descision to drop it?
If the only thing bothering you is how is it electricity is not working anymore, than yeah, you could revisit. Otherwise, I don't think it's that's good, it is quite predictable and it has zero suspense, except the "how is that stuff working exactly".

Did they go talk to somebody who knows how electricity works and have found an explanation which wouldn't in, in reality, also cause all humans to drop dead brain dead.
Heavy spoilers ahead, you have been warned.
[spoiler]It's all about these nano particles that got released the first time and went out of control.  It's pretty much the same explanation as in the end of season 1.  This time though, Aaron seems deeply "affected" by it: he can come back from the dead and he can create fire at will.  We have no idea how he can do that, other than it's these nano particles preventing electricity generation that are doing it.  Just like Carrie, it seems to be triggered by his emotional state: if he's angry, he sets people on fire, just like the Hulk would transform in these situation, he sets his ennemies on fire.[/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Almost Human.  Android cop partners with human cop.  I have a feeling of déjà vu here.  Karl Urban stars in this new sci-fi/police drama.  Could be interesting, next Sunday, on my watch list.

WTF is this shit.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on November 12, 2013, 12:00:40 PM

WTF is this shit.

They're promoting it pretty heavily.

Looks pretty lame to me.  Weak writing, and the dude playing the skin job just doesn't have the chops.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

I suppose a TV is furniture.  :hmm:

What do you watch your movies on?