And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 04:58:42 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2013, 04:56:21 PM
I want a Bowie biopic starring Tilda Swinton.

Not pretty enough or skinny enough.

Maybe Keira Knightly.
You know who Tilda Swinton is, right? :P :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2013, 05:07:54 PM

Maybe not.  I'm thinking of the broad from Narnia and Michael Clayton.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2013, 05:07:54 PM

Maybe not.  I'm thinking of the broad from Narnia and Michael Clayton.

She was Gabriel in Constintine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

That's her. She's not not skinny :P
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2013, 05:11:16 PM

Quick Ide hacked Shelf's account.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Kleves on November 06, 2013, 10:35:28 AM
Anyone seen Arrow? I watched the first couple of episodes and it seemed kind of meh. Does it get better?
I quite enjoy it.  I'd say give it a few more episodes.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 06, 2013, 06:27:20 PM
Quote from: Kleves on November 06, 2013, 10:35:28 AM
Anyone seen Arrow? I watched the first couple of episodes and it seemed kind of meh. Does it get better?
I quite enjoy it.  I'd say give it a few more episodes.

I was offended by the blatant advertising to draw in people who like shirtless men. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2013, 12:59:48 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2013, 10:57:12 AM

He keeps getting them back from the zombies he kills, ever notice how he generally uses it when there's only a few zombies and he can get it back, or simply use the arrow as a stick?
Yeah, I've seen him retrieve them a lot, but he has also fired and not retrieved them a lot of times too.
Also wear and tear should be an issue, but in the Walking Deadverse that evidently doesn't exist what with angry black lady's magic sword.

What really bugs me about the Walking Deadverse is that people seem to die and yet are still able to walk around and hear noises and smell other people and groan.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2013, 02:38:20 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on November 06, 2013, 02:01:30 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2013, 01:44:23 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2013, 01:02:42 AM
I'm sure she sharpens it when you're not looking.
In the few seconds where the camera cuts away between her chopping off 5 zombies heads and cutting another in half just after smashing open a chain?

Swords don't instantly go dull after use... You use kitchen knives, right?  How many vegetables have you chopped up without sharpening one?
Cutting a human in two is a bit more difficult. It strikes me as doubtful it could be done so often and so easily with a katana.

I really don't think this show is for you.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on November 06, 2013, 06:39:32 PM
I really don't think this show is for you.

Nah, he enjoys moaning over silly shit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on November 06, 2013, 06:38:24 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2013, 12:59:48 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2013, 10:57:12 AM

He keeps getting them back from the zombies he kills, ever notice how he generally uses it when there's only a few zombies and he can get it back, or simply use the arrow as a stick?
Yeah, I've seen him retrieve them a lot, but he has also fired and not retrieved them a lot of times too.
Also wear and tear should be an issue, but in the Walking Deadverse that evidently doesn't exist what with angry black lady's magic sword.

What really bugs me about the Walking Deadverse is that people seem to die and yet are still able to walk around and hear noises and smell other people and groan.

:lol:  I have the same problem with zombies movies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2013, 08:31:41 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 04, 2013, 01:36:25 AM
Caught The Goddess on TCM Silent Movie Sundays.  1934 Silent Chinese flick about a woman who goes into prostitution to make money to keep her son alive and aiming for a better life.  I found it quite a good watch.  Have you seen it yet, Sav?  I'd definitely recommend it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goddess_%281934_film%29

No, I haven't.  It looks interesting; I'll see if I can download it.   :)

That was a good movie, thanks for the recommendation, BA.

If anyone's interested you can watch it here:  https://archive.org/details/thegoddess  There's no incidental music that goes with the film on that site, though.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Was fiscally profligate and indulged modestly in the Criterion sale. -_-  Bargained with myself to eat only PB+J for the next week, got Things to Come, and Grand Prix for $10 to fill out the free shipping minimum, both on blu-ray.  Apparently the Criterion release of Things to Come is substantially better than the Harryhausen set, having been done from a restored 35mm print rather than the 16mm print the other company had access to.  Also has a commentary track that's about the movie, rather than Ray Harryhausen opining on colorization, and a production design featurette.  Ooh.  Also gives me leave to hate on the classism inherent in the Criterion business model, which I think it's reasonable to believe H.G. Wells would hate.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on November 06, 2013, 10:23:07 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2013, 05:15:30 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2013, 05:11:16 PM

Quick Ide hacked Shelf's account.

Tilda Swinton's pretty hot.

I suppose if you are the fence about that whole homosexual/heterosexual thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017