News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

[spoiler]Well they were suppose to be split up, but she had firearm and nary a gunshot so who knows what happened to her. They were really throwaway characters to show how Carol had moved to the cold pragmatic side. [/spoiler]
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 05, 2013, 10:54:24 AM
Quote from: frunk on November 04, 2013, 06:59:03 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 04, 2013, 06:37:49 PM
Walking Dead.

I know, but if I didn't want to be spoiled on Walking Dead how would I know not to look at the spoiler if I don't know what the spoiler is for before I look at it?

This thread is a bitch for us late watchers. <_< I just ignore anything I think could remotely be WD related. After I watch season 2 I intend to venture to the begining of the thread up to 2011. :)

If you're not watching you really won't know what we're talking about right? I mean if i say "So-and-So" is forced out of the main gang by Season 4, when you watch Season Two are you gonna go..."Hey that's So and So, she's (or he :rolleyes:) is gonna get kicked out of the main group in Season 4. Damn, wish I didn't know that.".... I don't know, I think spoilers are over rated...it's not like agatha christie whodunnits or anything. Look at all the peeps watching Game of Thrones...I mean we all know So And So is  gonna get his (or her) due next season but we still watch.

It's different if you're gonna watch something tomorrow...but if it's not for a while then, spoilers don't mean anything. The first episode of BSG that I saw was the finale. Didn't stop me from then going back and watching the whole thing.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on November 05, 2013, 07:46:28 PM
The first episode of BSG that I saw was the finale. Didn't stop me from then going back and watching the whole thing.

WTF? If the first episode I saw of BSG was the finale, I'd have never watched it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2013, 10:57:51 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2013, 10:41:08 AM
No American home is complete without a crossbow and bolt making tools.  A common housewarming gift.
I do wonder how long it's gonna take before they run out of bullets.

Do you know how many bullets there are in the US of A?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2013, 07:48:02 PM
The first episode of BSG that I saw was the finale. Didn't stop me from then going back and watching the whole thing.

WTF? If the first episode I saw of BSG was the finale, I'd have never watched it.

Yeah   :D I wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

Admiral Yi

If you're not watching you really won't know what we're talking about right? I mean if i say "So-and-So" is forced out of the main gang by Season 4, when you watch Season Two are you gonna go..."Hey that's So and So, she's (or he :rolleyes:) is gonna get kicked out of the main group in Season 4.

So Walking Dead is Survivor with zombies?  :hmm:

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 04, 2013, 02:16:26 AM
[spoiler]So Carol is out of the band. [/spoiler]

this was proper cojones, nobody loves carol, her ovaries have stopped working, sophia is in good hands, she decides to end it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

The Way Way Back. Sam Rockwell goodness. If it wasn't for the smartphone displayed at one point I would've figured this movie to be set in the 70's. Also Steve Carell's role was the most fitting for him since Anchorman.

Rating: Funny and with a talented cast of actors.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2013, 10:57:12 AM

He keeps getting them back from the zombies he kills, ever notice how he generally uses it when there's only a few zombies and he can get it back, or simply use the arrow as a stick?
Yeah, I've seen him retrieve them a lot, but he has also fired and not retrieved them a lot of times too.
Also wear and tear should be an issue, but in the Walking Deadverse that evidently doesn't exist what with angry black lady's magic sword.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I'm sure she sharpens it when you're not looking.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Kleves

Something interesting almost happened on Agents of SHIELD this week (the show is just barely holding in the "something to have playing in the background while I play EU3" category) but they didn't even have it in them to kill off Blandy MacScot Girl (not to be confused with Blandy MacScot Guy or Bland Hacker Girl or Bland Agent Guy or Bland Asian Agent Girl). :rolleyes:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2013, 12:59:48 AM
Also wear and tear should be an issue, but in the Walking Deadverse that evidently doesn't exist what with angry black lady's magic sword.

Because that's what TWD is missing.  Tedium like sword sharpening.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Blandy MacScot Girl is hot, it would be a shame to kill her off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2013, 01:02:42 AM
I'm sure she sharpens it when you're not looking.
In the few seconds where the camera cuts away between her chopping off 5 zombies heads and cutting another in half just after smashing open a chain?
██████
██████
██████