News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

After the princess gets whipped, I wipe my wang off and pull up my pants.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on November 04, 2013, 09:58:54 AM
It's pure cinema.

Oh the problem isn't the movie. It's you. You're young.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on November 04, 2013, 09:47:37 AM
Flash Gordon, 2001: A Space Odyssey, third place with The Invisible Man had been a two-way contest with The General, but it's now a three-way with Rope.

Have you ever seen the Buster Crabbe "Flash Gordon" Serials?  Those are a great deal of fun.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

I own the original serial (appended with the name Space Soldiers), Conquers the Universe, and Trip to Mars. :)

They are fun, although they're not Mike Hodges' lavish, delirious vision. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on November 04, 2013, 06:52:46 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 04, 2013, 12:49:24 AM
I hope it's the last year of Revenge.  I want to see how it ends, but I can't stand it anymore.

ratings are pretty poor. May not even make it to the end
it looks like they cut the budget in half and hired writers from daytime soaps.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I need to watch Buck Rogers again. The Gil Gerard one.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2013, 10:39:25 AM
I need to watch Buck Rogers again. The Gil Gerard one.

More hot princesses! :perv:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Not enough Walking Dead talk. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

Yeti: A Love Story (2006)

Another fine release from Troma; this has a bunch of kids who go hiking in the woods and a yeti.  There's a cult too.  Somehow they all interact with one another.  There might be a story somewhere between all the random wacky scenes; but I'm really not sure.  Praise the Yeti!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on November 04, 2013, 02:38:56 PM

Sorry, I don't watch it live. AMC's has too many & long ad breaks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2013, 02:55:23 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 04, 2013, 02:38:56 PM

Sorry, I don't watch it live. AMC's has too many & long ad breaks.

Seedy is noticeably silent.  :mad: