TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

I do like that scene. :D

Does Apocalypse Now insist on itself? :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on October 27, 2013, 08:04:48 PM
Does Apocalypse Now insist on itself? :hmm:

No.

Does Brando, Sheen, and the entire weight of the film's production history?  Now that's another story.

Ed Anger

I'm not a fan of Apocalypse Now.

I love Killer Klowns from Outer Space. That is all.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

We finished season 1 of the Walking Dead, great stuff.

Not sure if I can get The Wife to watch 'em more often to catch up before the end of this season. :unsure: <_< :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 27, 2013, 09:13:38 PM
We finished season 1 of the Walking Dead, great stuff.

Not sure if I can get The Wife to watch 'em more often to catch up before the end of this season. :unsure: <_< :(

Considering the show will go on mid winter break and season won't be over till end of March you should be okay :p
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

The walking dead insists upon itself.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger, propriƩtaire, insists upon itself.

Ideologue

I was reading Matt Zoller Seitz, the enemy of taste, and he did a post about The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou and how it's awesome.

Seitz likes a lot of things that are terrible (most recently the new Carrie), but there is still good in him.  I didn't know that The Life Aquatic was met with (a measure of) critical scorn on its release.  It seems impossible now, doesn't it?  It's maybe Wes Anderson's best.

Psellus probably thinks it sucks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Watched the 30 for 30 doc on how the Yugoslav civil war wrecked the friendship between Vlade Divacs and Drazen Petrovic.  That was a great Yugoslav national team they were on.

Man, those guys looked like total dorks when they stepped off the plane.

Toni Kukoc has picked up a little southern twang in his English.  Wonder where at.

Grey Fox

That movie is so awesome.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 27, 2013, 09:37:43 PM
That movie is so awesome.

Life Aquatic or whatever Yi was talking about?
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Doubt he opened the thread and replied to Yi within 12 seconds. ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue