News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

viper37

I saw the first premiere of Dracula.  I'd say it could be interesting.  It's well acted for now, decent script&plot, but let's see where it goes before passing final judgement.  So far, the motivations of Dracula are clear: revenge.  His wife was burnt for heresy by a secret order who still exists today.  Aside that, some other group involved in tracking & covering up vampires and other supernatural elements.  I have good hopes for this show :)

Oh, it's on NBC, wich makes it their 3rd good show in less than a year... What's happening, new management? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Shall I watch 'Tommy' ?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on October 26, 2013, 08:36:59 PM

Oh, it's on NBC, wich makes it their 3rd good show in less than a year... What's happening, new management? :)

Actually I do believe it is.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on October 26, 2013, 08:39:46 PM

I woke up one night after a bout of heavy drinking in a room I'd never seen before and the TV was on, playing Tommy, which I had at the time never even heard of.  All in all, a terrifying but enjoyable ordeal.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on October 26, 2013, 08:44:03 PM

Do you like the album?

Bits of it, I've never really given it a thorough listening to :blush:.

Scipio

My wife and I were watching Beauty and the Beast (TV 1987) when she started bitching about an ADA (who is the daughter of a Manhattan corporate lawyer) being able to attend an art show, and wearing makeup, and how many female CEOs of Fortune 500 companies wear makeup, and apparently, it's 2. I remarked, "Why the fuck should I care?" thinking that in 1987, EXACTLY ONE WOMAN WAS THE CEO OF A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY, and Katharine Graham DAMN SURE WORE FUCKING MAKEUP.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Admiral Yi

No.  Just listen to Pinball Wizard and skip the rest.

Admiral Yi

20 quatloos says mongers now watches it.  :D

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 26, 2013, 09:11:45 PM
20 quatloos says mongers now watches it.  :D

Man, I was watching it 30 seconds after I posted.   :D

And it was good, good old Ken Russell, much missed.   :( :cool:

Ideologue

Shit, I forgot it was Ken Russell.  Altered States. :wub:

Still need to see Mahler and Lair of the White Worm.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Cloud Atlas. Beautiful movie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Cloud Atlas.  A three hour circle jerk.