News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Walking Dead- So hmm, seems there's going to be some sort of alcoholic plot? Wonder what killed the nerdy kid, looked pretty horrible, related to the pig I wonder? I just hope he doesn't do too much damage, you'd think they would have a policy to close their doors when they sleep but perhaps in the easy times they have grown lax.
The zombies from the sky bit was cool. And kind of unexpected, the new black guy seemed tailor made for a one episode wonder whilst it looked like they were setting up the young guy for something down the line (showdown with Carl for the farmer's daughter's hand?). Kind of sloppy of these experienced people however not to consider the effect a helicopter crashing onto the roof with a horde of zombies could have. Pretty interesting we're getting to see some real degradation now.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on October 14, 2013, 11:40:05 AM
the new black guy seemed tailor made for a one episode wonder whilst it looked like they were setting up the young guy for something down the line

But the black guy was D'Angelo Barksdale* and the other guy was some random nobody.

*Yeah, a supporting role in another cable tv show 10 years ago. So kind of a nobody too, but still one I recognized.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Where's Waldo? Where's Waldo?!? String! Where's Waldo??? Look at me!! Where the fuck is Waldo?????!!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Pacific Rim, nerdy cool entertaining movie. Glad I got me a 1080 copy, looked awesome.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

I like pan and scan movies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 13, 2013, 07:24:10 PM
White House Down. That movie ended when they tried to pull McPoyle off as a hacker mastermind. :lol:

Really the first villain they have to expose is a redhead?

edit: Also I think I would have complained first about the chief on Fringe.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 14, 2013, 03:27:35 PM
Pacific Rim, nerdy cool entertaining movie. Glad I got me a 1080 copy, looked awesome.

I've said it before, but I'll gladly repeat myself: this is the kind of movie that's just awesome in IMAX. My 10 year old self was a very happy guy that night.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I've never seen a movie in IMAX. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

You could go see Gravity in IMAX. :showoff:

Just kidding, it's a free country, man.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2013, 11:09:07 PM

IMAX is definitely not free in Manhattan. -_-

Syt

I try to catch some special effects movies in IMAX; unfortunately the undubbed versions are usually on at horrendous times (late night or during my work hours).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2013, 11:11:33 PM

Hell, it's like $17 here.  Guessing it's like $50 in the City. :wacko:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

I think it's $17 with the 3D, though.  I don't know what a regular IMAX screening is priced, probably three, four bucks less.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2013, 11:14:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2013, 11:11:33 PM

Hell, it's like $17 here.  Guessing it's like $50 in the City. :wacko:

Apparently we only charge a polite 20.50 for Gravity in 3D.