News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

White House Down. That movie ended when they tried to pull McPoyle off as a hacker mastermind. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Not too impressed with the season opener.  They better brew up something more interesting than [spoiler]zombies falling from the sky and the prison colony zombifying from the inside[/spoiler], or it's going to be a long season.

CountDeMoney

Well shit, for some reason I thought it was on next weekend.  :unsure:

Looks like a late night then. 

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2013, 11:14:55 PM
Well shit, for some reason I thought it was on next weekend.  :unsure:

Looks like a late night then.

I was wondering why you were so quiet :P

Habbaku

I was actually pleasantly-surprised with this week's episode.  It wasn't overly-flashy or impressive or anything, but at least it was interesting.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Yeah seemed decent start to season, no idea what Zoomietrus is bellyaching about.

Ideologue

Escape From Tomorrow (2013).  Randy Moore shot a whole movie (well, most of a whole movie) at Disneyworld and Disneyland without permission.  It's a drama/comedy/psychological thriller/weird art movie about the breakdown of the family and how guys really want to fuck teenagers.  It's not very good, especially as it goes bugnuts and falls apart in the third act, but it was sort of interesting to watch.

C+

Man, this newest John Carpenter movie is disappointing
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Disney lost the ensuing lawsuit? Or as is it legal as long as they don't notice?  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Iirc they declined to attempt to prevent the film's release.  Smart move on their part, if so.

It's really not anti-Disney in any direct way, hardly even in an indirect way; Escape just uses Disneyworld as sort of a general setting and as a symbol of phoniness and (maybe?) optimistic youth.

There's about five minutes that deal with some kind of Disney/Siemens conspiracy, but the idea literally enters the film and drops out entirely within that time frame; the time is mainly used to make semen jokes; and that scene and its disconnected weirdness is one of the reasons the movie slightly sucks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on October 13, 2013, 11:51:45 PM
Yeah seemed decent start to season, no idea what Zoomietrus is bellyaching about.

They didn't really set up anything to hang an entire season on.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 14, 2013, 02:50:17 AM
Quote from: katmai on October 13, 2013, 11:51:45 PM

They didn't really set up anything to hang an entire season on.

Pretty much.  Doesn't mean it won't go somewhere, but it is starting off drifting.

The main concepts in the plot were pretty much rehashes...

[spoiler]1. Let's go on a run!  See how careful we are!  Oops, new black guy makes a mess by looking at relapsing into alcohol, zombies fall from the roof.

2. Rick continues to agonize over the soul of humanity.

3. Things can never be truly safe, as zombie-ism spawns from within with no obvious cause (other than chaos factor)[/spoiler]

I am just saying it hasn't set up anything new, other than the same-old zombie drama...and it needs to do better than that to sustain a series. 

And on a tangent, as I just saw it on TV...the dad's Jabba costume on this recent Verizon commercial is awesome.  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1aBsDc-ck0

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 14, 2013, 08:21:50 AM
And on a tangent, as I just saw it on TV...the dad's Jabba costume on this recent Verizon commercial is awesome.  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1aBsDc-ck0

lol, that is hilarious.  I could see the Anger family doing that.  The twins would be storm troopers; one pair in Hoth winter gear, the other pair in jungle scout armor.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on October 13, 2013, 11:49:28 PM
I was actually pleasantly-surprised with this week's episode.  It wasn't overly-flashy or impressive or anything, but at least it was interesting.

Same here. Good start to the season.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".