News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Confessions of a Window Cleaner- So famous/infamous but I'd never actually seen it. Not quite what I expected. Instead of a man about town the main character is actually rather an innocent who inexplicably attractive women inexplicably throw themselves at.
What is disturbing/amusing is the way many of the women quite obviously talk like old ladies. Its more than just using outdated language, its their intonation and everything. Interesting stuff how language has changed. And yes. That is an odd thing to take away.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2013, 10:37:28 AM
Confessions of a Window Cleaner- So famous/infamous but I'd never actually seen it. Not quite what I expected. Instead of a man about town the main character is actually rather an innocent who inexplicably attractive women inexplicably throw themselves at.
What is disturbing/amusing is the way many of the women quite obviously talk like old ladies. Its more than just using outdated language, its their intonation and everything. Interesting stuff how language has changed. And yes. That is an odd thing to take away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG1W1h5W17Y
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Watched that Miley Cyrus video Wrecking Ball to see what all the hoopla was about and why Sinead o'connor got her boxers in a knot over it.

It was pretty hot. :) Playboy hot kind of thing.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Queequeg

As a general policy I avoid any links, videos or television shows that involve any Cyrus. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Queequeg on October 05, 2013, 11:14:50 AM
As a general policy I avoid any links, videos or television shows that involve any Cyrus.

It's pretty watchable with the sound turned off.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on October 05, 2013, 11:22:05 AM

It's pretty watchable with the sound turned off.

Oh yeah...didnt turn the sound on at all
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Maybe she thinks Miley's retarded hair cut is mocking her.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Sine Aid looks like Steve Jobs right before he croaked.

Watched a bit of Mean Girls last night.  Quite intelligent for a teen movie.

Malthus

What do you have against the ancient persians?  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the_Great
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Quote from: Malthus on October 05, 2013, 04:41:22 PM

Guess he wouldn't follow a link to watch Con Air online, either.

Viking

Siegy :wub: 's them both, so I stay away from both.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 05, 2013, 03:47:46 PM
Sine Aid looks like Steve Jobs right before he croaked.

Watched a bit of Mean Girls last night.  Quite intelligent for a teen movie.

Tina Fey wrote the script.

Ideologue

Malthus, it's Psellus.  He's not going to dignify that with a response, not until you admit his name is Kurash, and write it in Old Persian cuneiform.  He may accept the name rendered in Aramaic script, if you're lucky.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2013, 10:37:28 AM

Given how off base your understanding of English often is it's hard to take serious your analysis of a foreign language.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point