News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Grey Fox

There's going to be a spin off if rumors are to be believe.

That was a stupid ending.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on September 24, 2013, 10:01:44 AM
World War Z: B entertaining. Felt like it need to be longer. Felt like a two hour trailer for a four hour movie.

Yeah, I was waiting for the story to begin after all the backstory filler was finished.  Turns out we have to wait for the sequal for that.  Also completely predictable.  [spoiler]after we saw the zombies run by the street guy and run by the bald boy my son blurted out, "they dont like sick people."  and then he went on to predict how the movie would end. [/spoiler]

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 24, 2013, 01:56:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 24, 2013, 10:01:44 AM
World War Z: B entertaining. Felt like it need to be longer. Felt like a two hour trailer for a four hour movie.

Yeah, I was waiting for the story to begin after all the backstory filler was finished.  Turns out we have to wait for the sequal for that.  Also completely predictable.  [spoiler]after we saw the zombies run by the street guy and run by the bald boy my son blurted out, "they dont like sick people."  and then he went on to predict how the movie would end. [/spoiler]

Hmm, I didnt know about a squel.

Seems this would have fit better as a mini-series or something. Give Walking Dead some competition.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on September 24, 2013, 02:36:57 PM
Seems this would have fit better as a mini-series or something. Give Walking Dead some competition.

Agreed.  But this movie relied on special effects that wouldnt be economical in a TV series.  Plus they would have had to come up with a plot line and dialogue.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 24, 2013, 11:56:48 AM

it was a stupid season.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on September 24, 2013, 07:23:20 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 24, 2013, 11:56:48 AM

it was a stupid season.
it's been stupid since the third rock from the sun guy season. Even that season started to go down fairly quickly.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Some fall tv premieres

Hostages

I don't really understand where this show can go. Dylan McDermott leads a crew in holding Toni Collette's family under house arrest in order to coerce her into killing the president during surgery. I guess it was kind of reminiscent of Funny Games (ugh) apart from the fact that there was little sense that the hostage takers were going to harm the family, particularly after [spoiler]you find out that the dog was just drugged and not killed and the hostage takers (even the cold Dylan McDermott) start empathizing with the problems of the children.  I also don't understand the power play twist where Collette delays the operation by two weeks. If she was truly afraid of what they would do to her family, wouldn't that trigger her captors to at least harm one of them? (It also made it seem like McDermott was wrong when he said they had thought of everything she might do.)[/spoiler]Oh and the other bit in comparison to Funny Games is that you unfortunately know that there is going to be some strange logic on why McDermott and crew are doing this bad thing, given that he seems so sweet around his daughter/wife.

Blacklist

James Spader plays a criminal that has long been on the run but turns himself in saying that he'll help the FBI (or whatever agency they were) catch various criminals if he gets to work with an agent who just started (and is in fact late to her first day). Had some nice twists on whether or not Spader's character was really helping out or just using the agency to his own ends.  That said, I don't think I care for shows with one character who is the mastermind pulling the puppet strings of everyone else, so I think I'll get tired of it. [spoiler]Also I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn out that Spader is the young agent's dad.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2013, 09:16:24 PM
[spoiler]Also I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn out that Spader is the young agent's dad.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]That crossed your mind as well? Glad I wasn't the only one.  :lol:[/spoiler]

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2013, 09:18:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2013, 09:16:24 PM
[spoiler]Also I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn out that Spader is the young agent's dad.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]That crossed your mind as well? Glad I wasn't the only one.  :lol:[/spoiler]

It does seem like the most obvious [spoiler]pull for his obsession[/spoiler], so I'm hoping I'm wrong. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2013, 09:27:57 PM
It does seem like the most obvious [spoiler]pull for his obsession[/spoiler], so I'm hoping I'm wrong. :D

It's network television.  They're actually that insulting.  :lol:

garbon

Eddie Teach

I think going with the obvious explanation is less insulting than going with an alternate explanation that is inconsistent or implausible just for the sake of being a surprise.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I say just go out and let the viewer know then and let us watch the other character figure it out.