News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Glee dude was 31? Good genes. Well, except for the drug dependency genes. those were bad genes.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Kleves

Grown-Ups 2 is going to beat Pacific Rim at the weekend domestic box office. We're such a stupid country.  :(
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Kleves on July 14, 2013, 02:00:37 PM
Grown-Ups 2 is going to beat Pacific Rim at the weekend domestic box office. We're such a stupid country.  :(

:nelson:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

the other ones about big robots. not exactly high class fare. it's the nerd version of grown ups 2 :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Now that's it's Week 3, anybody else watching Ray Donovan?

Syt

Adam Sandler has made only one good move in his career: Happy Gilmore.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on July 14, 2013, 10:27:16 PM

Adam Sandler has made only one good move in his career: Happy Gilmore.

Good one. IMOBig Daddy was good too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

I liked Reign Over Me. Haven't really liked any of Sandler's comedies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Sandler annoys me.  But Punch Drunk Love has been his best acting work to date.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:35:27 PM

Good call
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 10:45:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:35:27 PM

Good call

The rest is all dick jokes, to varying degrees.

Ed Anger

Little Nicky was quite possibly the cause of 9/11.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore were fantastic.  The Wedding Singer was very good.  Big Daddy was watchable.  It was a precipitous decline thereafter.

Well, Punch Drunk Love excepted.  Money is 100% right about how amazing that movie is.  That was PTA before he had a Goddamned stroke and could only make meandering, obtuse, pointless, almost plotless pieces about scumbags in the past.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Despicable Me 2. Not as bad as I expected.

PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 15, 2013, 07:52:39 PM
Despicable Me 2. Not as bad as I expected.

Many have said those minions are funny.  I did not get that from the trailer, or from my memories of the trailer for the first one.  They seemed a little annoying.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)