News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on June 28, 2013, 07:38:49 PM
I always heat mine up, because I'm not a Goddamned jackal.
A+

Although I don't like reheated pizza either.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Dude, you're really weird.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Leftover pizza has to be eaten cold. If you reheat it goes all limp and soggy.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2013, 08:08:12 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 28, 2013, 07:38:49 PM
I always heat mine up, because I'm not a Goddamned jackal.
its bread, meat, and cheese. You nuke your sandwiches too?

I have them toasted.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on June 28, 2013, 08:32:12 PM
Leftover pizza has to be eaten cold. If you reheat it goes all limp and soggy.

Only if you are dumb about it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Cold pizza: :x
Always reheat. I think you're confusing reheating with recooking.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

How exactly would someone go about recooking pizza :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Reheat it with the microwave set to high power.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

IF I reheat pizza--and there are only specific kinds that apply to this scenario--I reheat it to a very lukewarm level, almost to the point where it was 10 minutes after you opened the box the day before.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2013, 10:12:22 PM
IF I reheat pizza--and there are only specific kinds that apply to this scenario--I reheat it to a very lukewarm level, almost to the point where it was 10 minutes after you opened the box the day before.

I'll ad, when I do reheat, I never reheat in a microwave. Only in an oven. A microwave makes it soggy.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

This is true.  Same reason why you just don't microwave french fries.  HIT THAT BROILER

Ideologue

So, like, to my chagrin I've never seen Westworld--I assume it's good, but not as good as it would be if Charlton Heston were also in it--so I was putting it in the old Netflix queue, and I was like, I'd also like to see its sequel Futureworld.  Just like with Saturn 3, Netflix decided it wasn't worth carrying (even though, unlike Saturn 3, Futureworld just got a sweet BD release). <_<  Do these assholes have something against 1970s science fiction?

Amazon's instant video service has it.  I'm sure I'm extremely enthusiastic to spend $3 on fucking Futureworld, especially when I already pay like $20 a month to have access to all but the most obscure of obscure movies via Netflix.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

You've never seen Westworld?  :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Ide will probably love it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?