News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 08:11:58 PM

Off the top of my head, how about giant carnivorous plants, or house cats... that hunt in packs?

CdM just wet himself.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 08:15:16 PM

Off the top of my head, how about giant carnivorous plants, or house cats... that hunt in packs?

CdM just wet himself.

As we all should.  I can't think of much scarier than the day when cats that, finally, put aside their differences and distrust, and turn on us.

They're just waiting for that moment.  Well, that, and when we accidentally leave the door ajar.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 07:38:26 PM
After Earth (2013)

Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Written by: Gary Whitta, M. Night Shyamalan, Will Smith
With: Will Smith (Cypher Raige--no, really), Jaden Smith (Kitai Raige), Gwaihir the Windlord (himself)

Welcome to the Wicker Future.  Take a knee.

etc.

You need an editor, dude. Seemed like an interesting review, but who's got time to read all that. I can see the movie in less time.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 08:18:27 PM

CdM just wet himself.

As we all should.  I can't think of much scarier than the day when cats that, finally, put aside their differences and distrust, and turn on us.

They're just waiting for that moment.  Well, that, and when we accidentally leave the door ajar.

I have already forged an alliance of Man and Cat.  My three cats stand ready to nap at my command.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

CdM just wet himself.

Arm yourself with a laser pointer and a hammer you'll be fine.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 08:30:09 PM

CdM just wet himself.

That would be truly awesome.

QuoteArm yourself with a laser pointer and a hammer you'll be fine.

I wear the shit out of the cats at the shelter with the laser pointer, they go ape during yard time.
Except for one-eyed Ra, her depth perception ain't so good.  Won't be playing center field anytime soon.

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on June 01, 2013, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 07:38:26 PM
After Earth (2013)

Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Written by: Gary Whitta, M. Night Shyamalan, Will Smith
With: Will Smith (Cypher Raige--no, really), Jaden Smith (Kitai Raige), Gwaihir the Windlord (himself)

Welcome to the Wicker Future.  Take a knee.

etc.

You need an editor, dude. Seemed like an interesting review, but who's got time to read all that. I can see the movie in less time.

I got a version I cut to 965 words.  It's not better, just shorter.  (JUST LIKE AFTER EARTH LOL.  Well, no, it's still better on the merits in comparison to Airbender, Happening, Signs).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

My God, Red Tails is so bad, you know it before the title marquee comes on.  EVIL KRAUT WITH A SCAR? CHECK!

But the true shame is that the memory and sacrifice of these pioneers of combat aviation will be remembered with this atrocious piece of shit.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 09:04:55 PM
My God, Red Tails is so bad, you know it before the title marquee comes on.  EVIL KRAUT WITH A SCAR? CHECK!

But the true shame is that the memory and sacrifice of these pioneers of combat aviation will be remembered with this atrocious piece of shit.

Kind of shocking they couldnt do better on that one.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 09:04:55 PM

I remember kinda liking the Tuskegee airmen TV movie with Laurence Fishburne.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 09:08:31 PM
Kind of shocking they couldnt do better on that one.

It's like they didn't even try.

Ed Anger

Red Tails causes anal leakage and genital warts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Rewatched the courtship scenes in Godfather where Michael Corleone eventually marries Apollonia. Looking up the actress, she was only age 16 during filming. Impressive. :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 06:33:42 PM
I can't wait to debut my young adult novel sensation as well, Hot Wheels Tracks

It will be the powerful chronicles of a young girl's first awakenings of her womanhood, torn between two suitors who vie for her heart--a humble yet exotic foreigner with nothing to offer but organically grown beets, counterfeit copies of Microsoft Office 2010 and his unselfish love; the other, a wealthy Ohioan landowner: married, mysterious and magnetic...with a terrible Dutch Oven secret that may be the undoing of them all.

I would watch this.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 06:55:27 AMor that Star Trek: Undiscovered Country is a Star Trek film.
Woah.  Woah.  Hold up there a minute there.  Let's not overstep our bounds here.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.