News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 07:00:44 AM
We already have one Ide, don't be That Guy.

Now away with you, before I ban you and force you to watch Over The Top during your exile.

Pfff. A ban wouldn't hurt me much. I don't need this forum as much as you do.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2013, 06:41:39 AM
Irony isn't your strong suit, is it?

Go watch Over The Top anyway, you goofy Kraut.  I had to.

Ed Anger

I'm too busy watching the animated gif of the kitties. :wub:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

I used to enjoy this thread.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 07:21:26 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2013, 06:41:39 AM
Irony isn't your strong suit, is it?

Go watch Over The Top anyway, you goofy Kraut.  I had to.

I honestly don't get why you despise me so much. Everyone else just seems to ignore me instead.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2013, 07:34:09 AM
I honestly don't get why you despise me so much. Everyone else just seems to ignore me instead.

I don't despise you.  If I despised you, I'd order you to watch Gary Busey action movies.

CountDeMoney

Now see, there's a quality movie avatar.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 07:41:24 AM

I don't despise you.  If I despised you, I'd order you to watch Gary Busey action movies.

:pinch:
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 07:42:30 AM
Now see, there's a quality movie avatar.

blue indians or shyamalanite movie tripe?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2013, 06:59:28 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 06:58:43 AM
IT WAS POOP

I'm not disagreeing. I'm saying that it was the culmination/swan song of 80s action schlock, therefore making it classic.

It had hilarious dialog something the boring Rambo II/First Blood part II lacked (cf. missile localisation).
Points for having a Belgian actor doing the bad Russian (RIP Marc de Jonge). :)

Ran, now that's a real classic and no so-bad-it's-good à la American Ninja or Rambo III.

Eddie Teach

Point Break was a fun movie, in spite of being saddled with Reeves, Swayze and Busey.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Dude, this is how Occupy has been socialized to show affection.  He's telling you he has a mancrush on you.

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2013, 08:00:55 AM

Point Break was a fun movie, in spite of being saddled with Reeves, Swayze and Busey.  :hmm:

The fuck's wrong with Swayze? He was dreamy as Orry Maine.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.