News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2013, 10:49:25 AM
Should've cued up "Space Seed" before WoK.  Would've added depth to the whole Khan's dead-wife thing, as well as his more-than-justified revenge for being marooned.

TOS is not on Netflix Canada. :( :( :( :( :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Liep on May 27, 2013, 04:36:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 26, 2013, 12:13:14 PM
I watched the first 2. It is fun to revisit. :)

Only thing that I'm not sure how I feel about is the format. I seem to recall them saying, and then it is evident by ep 2 - that the various eps happen kind of concurrently. Makes for somewhat strange watching.

Strange watching, I agree. I couldn't help myself and am now at episode 6. It gets better and better.

One thing that it does well though is it makes the "inside jokes" that AD is known for get developed very quickly -as it provides a reason to say them so often (as you're literally seeing the same scene/joke over again).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Went to see Fast & Furious 6, ended up seeing Hangover III.  Having wine served at your seat while you watch the move is cool.  But the movie in itself: meh.

There are some funny moments, some that will make you laugh a little, but nothing to impress, really.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

It's just not a Memorial Day without The Green Berets.  Pop those claymores, Sulu!

Fucking VC.  They killed his puppy.  :mad:

Ed Anger

I watched the Firebase part yesterday on TCM. no commercials.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

I missed my normal Memorial Day killing movies in favor of Venture Brothers.  Maybe I'll throw in Kelly's Heroes at work today.
PDH!

Admiral Yi

Watched a little bit of The Battle of Britain, 1969 version.

Wasn't Lawrence Olivier in the 1942 (?) original as well? 

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2013, 08:51:00 PM
It's just not a Memorial Day without The Green Berets.  Pop those claymores, Sulu!

Yep.  Made my kids watch it with me.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 28, 2013, 09:46:31 AM
Yep.  Made my kids watch it with me.

:lol:  I remember when I first watched it, around 5 or 6 years old, maybe...it was the Saturday afternoon movie, back then they always showed war movies on Saturday afternoon...between the puppy dying, the VC looting the American corpses, Hotlips' fiance Lieutenant Colonel Donald Penobscot buying the farm, the booby traps, the final scene with Hamchuck...I cried my ass off.  That movie totally scarred me for life.  :lol:

11B4V

I watched Where Eagles Dare "Broadsword calling Danny Boy"
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 28, 2013, 09:59:47 AM

I watched Where Eagles Dare "Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

Yeah, caught that one last night.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on May 23, 2013, 12:56:36 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 23, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
Just finished season one of the wire. Good stuff.

CdM will now smite you.

Appears to be a significant drop off, I'm starting to lose interest now(near beginning of S3).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 28, 2013, 11:11:31 AM

CdM will now smite you.

Appears to be a significant drop off, I'm starting to lose interest now(near beginning of S3).

The Languishite Lemmings say it picks up around that time.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 11:12:42 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 28, 2013, 11:11:31 AM

CdM will now smite you.

The Languishite Lemmings say it picks up around that time.

When I started to watch fully, I never made past start of season 2 because it was so slow but I do remember when I'd just seen random episodes of later seasons it seemed fun.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.