TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 10:49:31 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 17, 2013, 02:22:08 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 01:21:02 AM
Movie is still shit though.

Can you elaborate on your opinion, please?
Yes

First off the gun fight scenes were ridiculous and over done. The whole story line was flat and uninteresting. The humor was well not funny, just over done in a blah way. Period weapons were not correct. I think he missed an opportunity here.

You missed the sunglasses. No such thing back then.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 17, 2013, 12:36:24 PM

Yes

First off the gun fight scenes were ridiculous and over done. The whole story line was flat and uninteresting. The humor was well not funny, just over done in a blah way. Period weapons were not correct. I think he missed an opportunity here.

Sure there were!

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Yes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ayscough

QuoteJames Ayscough (died 1759) was an English optician and designer and maker of scientific instruments. He was apprenticed to an optician named James Mann from 1743 to 1747. James Ayscough became known for his microscopes. His shop was in London between 1740 and 1759. Around the year 1752, James Ayscough introduced spectacles with double-hinged side pieces. Although he made clear lenses, he recommended lenses tinted blue or green to treat some vision problems. These spectacles with tinted lenses are believed to be the precursors to sunglasses.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

11B4V

Yes

No I didnt. Just didnt want to completely pile drive it.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on April 16, 2013, 08:52:06 AM
How was Defiance?

Time I am not going to get back.  Turned it off and deleted on the DVR about half way through.

11B4V

Watching, "The Last Days of Disco". A young Kate Beckinsale  :perv:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 05:06:29 PM
Watching, "The Last Days of Disco". A young Kate Beckinsale  :perv:

She was also quite fetching in Cold Comfort Farm.

Well, she's fetching in everything.  There is not a movie in which she does not fetch.

katmai

QuoteIf you're the kind of fan who can't get enough "Star Wars," Disney has just made the announcement you've been dreaming of.

In a presentation Wednesday at CinemaCon, the annual meeting of the National Theater Owners Association, Disney representatives unveiled some big plans for the "Star Wars" franchise after purchasing Lucasfilm for $4 billion. While it's well known that "Star Wars: Episode VII" is in the works and poised for release in the summer of 2015, Disney is saying after that, fans can expect a new "Star Wars" movie every summer for at least five years, with installments in the official series alternating with stand-alone films that will focus on well-loved characters in the "Star Wars" universe.

That means six "Star Wars" movies between 2015 and 2020.
That's a lot of lightsabers.

Disney is being stingy with the details on what fans can expect from the new movies, but it's been widely speculated that Disney has been planning to make "Star Wars" films that looked outside the continuing narrative of official series, and this confirms they're coming sooner than later. (If we're to believe the scuttlebutt, Yoda, Boba Fett, and Han Solo will be getting their own movies in the future.)

It also makes clear that Disney intends to use the Lucasfilm properties as a powerful cash locomotive, though with J.J. Abrams writing and directing "Episode VII" and Lawrence Kasdan (screenwriter of "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark") and Simon Kinberg ("X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Sherlock Holmes") rumored to be writing the stand-alone projects, they're aiming for quality as well as quantity.

Disney's announcement also shrewdly opens the door for lots more speculation among fans and bloggers while confirming something nearly everyone seems to want: a lot more "Star Wars" movies. Well played, Disney. And if your writers start to run out of ideas, you might consider bringing in Patton Oswalt for a script meeting.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2013, 05:21:05 PM
Well, she's fetching in everything.  There is not a movie in which she does not fetch.

Quit trying to make "fetch" happen!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Yes

quite right

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on April 17, 2013, 12:43:48 PM

Yes

Sure there were!

Those are snow googles canuck. Not sun glasses. You should know that. :P

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on April 17, 2013, 11:01:54 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 10:50:42 AM
Period weapons were not correct.

:lol:  Only on Languish.

Reminds me of the bitching about 300.  WTF THOSE ARENT THE CORRECT GREAVES

Well, for 300 it didn't exactly take a history geek to wonder why these Spartans were going into a battle, which is presumably filled with sharp pointy things, essentially naked to the waist (with their no doubt magnificent abs highlighted for maximum homo-erotic effect)  ;)

Bu...but that was the whole point!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Yes

Or dynamite.

Admiral Yi

I don't think that's correct. 

I understand it's fiction, but Maturin wears colored glasses during a card game.