News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Tomorrow When The War Began.
This is what happens when you try to serve Red Dawn to the Twilight demographic.

Now I have to watch Attack Force Z to flush it all out with proper Aussie-on-Asian violence.

CountDeMoney

Oh dear God, this is bad.
It's the kind of bad I'd imagine Hunger Games would be like, if I saw it.

CountDeMoney

If only more guerrilla teenagers took the time in the middle of an enemy invasion to still worry about trying to score some ass.
That's where the kids in Red Dawn went wrong.  McFly's Mom and Baby needed to get fucked.

Admiral Yi

Yeah, the bit I saw of that movie was deeply retarded.

"I thought you were my best friend!!  Didn't you know I had a crush on that guy?"

BANG BANG BANG

"I'm so sorry, I never knew!"

BANG BANG BANG

CountDeMoney

You can tell it's a shitty ass Chicom-supplied invader, using white light instead of night vision.  Pfft.

Ed Anger

Ugh, Australian movies. Even Mad Max grinds my gears nowadays.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I'd have to kill all these annoying teenyboppers and strike out on my own.  After taking all their shit first.

CountDeMoney

And what's the point about blowing up the bridge, anyway.  A proper invasion force that landed amphibiously at the bay would have bridgelaying equipment, even a shitty Chicom one.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2013, 08:45:52 AM
Big Trouble in Little China- Haven't seen this since I was a kid. I remember it being decent when I was a kid though not noticing the silliness so much. As an adult....yeah, its good. Screw the plot and build up, which is dull anyway, just straight into the action. I can't help but think though....is it a little racist?

Maybe racist against white people.  You'll notice that Jack Burton is both 1)kind of a dick and 2)largely inept.  It's the point, even.

QuoteFlash Gordon- Oh how I wish its greatness had been recognised at the time and a sequel had been made. Amazing.

You know what, you're alright, Josq.  Flash Gordon is (no kidding) probably in my top ten.  It's essentially perfect.  Even so, I'm not sure it needed a sequel.

QuoteHighlander- What is it with some 80s films that actually make the 80s look cool? Still fantastic. But oh how I wish they hadn't made a sequel.

Money is wrong about Flash Gordon, failing to recognize its achievement, and he's a little more cruel than I would be, but if memory serves he's correct that Highlander is rather middling fare.

QuoteThe Fantastic Mr Fox- Now this thing is painful. Children should not be subjected to it.

I'm a cautiously enthusiastic Wes Anderson fan--Moonrise Kingdom is a new favorite, and Royal Tanenbaums, Life Aquatic, and Rushmore are all great, but Darjeeling Unlimited is one of the worst movies I've seen to be made by otherwise highly talented people--but I still need to see this.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 03, 2013, 09:24:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2013, 09:17:38 PM
Death Proof again.  Man oh man, I could watch this every week.  Vanishing Point and Bullitt are supposed to be here on Saturday. :)

I got Bullitt yesterday, took about 25 mins to get here. :whistle:

I could've bought it half a dozen times at Wal-Mart, but I was getting Vanishing Point already, and I said "very well, Amazon, you can have seven bucks."  I saved: one dollar. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 02:32:54 PM
And what's the point about blowing up the bridge, anyway.  A proper invasion force that landed amphibiously at the bay would have bridgelaying equipment, even a shitty Chicom one.

Now, now that's details. Shit movies just gloss over those.

and that movie is shit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

QuoteHighlander-

Overrated 80s wankfest for D&D club members that had nothing better to do on a Friday night that Excalibur wasn't on HBO.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2013, 09:38:24 PM
Money is wrong about Flash Gordon, failing to recognize its achievement, and he's a little more cruel than I would be, but if memory serves he's correct that Highlander is rather middling fare.

I didn't say it was bad, I just said people did way too much coke back then.  :P

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 09:43:42 PM

I didn't say it was bad, I just said people did way too much coke back then.  :P

No that movie is bad.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 03, 2013, 09:45:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 09:43:42 PM

No that movie is bad.

:lol:
I will admit, it is very much a dated work.

And QB of the New York Jets?  In 1980?  Shit, even aliens wouldn't have taken Flash seriously.