News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

[spoiler]Blow me, filthy faggots.                                                                                                                                                                                     [/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Trailer for the new Star Trek movie. http://youtu.be/l2wigDNTDkA

Sherlock Holmes returns to Earth to detonate Starfleet forever  :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 06, 2012, 05:21:55 PM

Great.  Crew of the Enterprise goes back in time to 9/11.

Sounded like the Prometheus trailer for a while there.

Viking

seriously.. if the big baddie makes a point of saying "I have returned" in the trailer then one has got to be able to recognize the fucker... who is cummerbatch playing?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

apparently he is playing "the villain"

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118048137

QuoteCumberbatch to play villain in 'Star Trek 2'
'Tinker Tailor' thesp cast in J.J. Abrams-helmed sci-fier
By JEFF SNEIDER

On the heels of his well-received turns in "War Horse" and "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy," Brit thesp Benedict Cumberbatch has been tapped to play the villain in J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek 2."
Cumberbatch landed the role that Edgar Ramirez had auditioned for last month.

Cumberbatch joins fellow Brit newcomers Noel Clarke and Alice Eve, as well as Peter Weller.

Paramount had no comment on the casting.

Abrams is directing from a script by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof. That quartet will also produce the "Star Trek" sequel with Bryan Burk and David Ellison through Bad Robot and Skydance Prods. Pic is skedded for release on May 17, 2013.

Cumberbatch has won a legion of fans for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes on the BBC series "Sherlock."

He is repped by UTA.

ffs

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on December 06, 2012, 08:26:45 PM
seriously.. if the big baddie makes a point of saying "I have returned" in the trailer then one has got to be able to recognize the fucker... who is cummerbatch playing?

I'll spooge if it's Gary Seven.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on December 06, 2012, 08:26:45 PM

Ah-HA!  The interwebs strikes!  THROWBACK VILLIAN

QuoteInitially Cumberbatch was rumored to be playing a new take on Khan Noonien Singh, the superhuman tyrant from the original TV series that terrorized Kirk and crew in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. But word lately is that he's actually Lt. Cmdr. Gary Mitchell, a former friend of Kirk's dating back to his cadet days who also appeared on the original Star Trek TV series and acquired telekinetic powers after crossing a galactic barrier.

Viking

OMG is it gonna be "Kirk hit on my girl so the world must be annihilated!!!!!111oneoneone" ?

sigh...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2012, 08:32:37 AM
Yeah, that totally sucked, and I turned it off;  it was worse than that god-awful Flyboys that was all CGI a couple years ago. Red Baron wasn't much better either, but at least it tried.

It would have been helpful if they had put a warning on it that it was intended for black audiences only.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 06, 2012, 08:25:40 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 06, 2012, 03:04:04 AM
.  I do have to say though, that if that movie had ended with Abe walking down the hallway on his way to Ford's, it would have made for a much, much better ending in my opinion. 

I thought the same thing. Everyone already knows what happens, Steven.  :rolleyes:

Spielberg is hit or miss. For me, this is almost a miss if not for the performances of the actors, especially Daniel Day-Lewis and Tommy Lee Jones. I'd still recommend it.
His misdirection for the non-historically minded by showing the play Tad was at was also rather silly.  Also, having random captions of who people were and their positions was odd.  Luckily I could generally figure them out by their appearance and fill in my friend who went to see it with me.  I was expecting the performance Day Lewis brought, as he's always been one of the best of the current generation in my opinion, but I was very impressed with Tommy Lee Jones.  He's a good actor, but I think I'd like to see him nominated, if not win, best supporting for his role.  I figure it'll get nods for Best Picture, Best Actor (DDL), Best Supporting Actor (TLJ), and maybe Best Supporting Actress (Sally Field).
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

The new Total Recall: The first half I was thinking "Wow! What a surprise. Its actually really pretty good!". Towards the end though it devolves into rather dull action.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on December 07, 2012, 06:17:22 AM
The new Total Recall: The first half I was thinking "Wow! What a surprise. Its actually really pretty good!". Towards the end though it devolves into rather dull action.

Agreed, as soon as mrs Timberlake entered the movie it got worse.

btw, I know they are trying to make Justice League movie doing it marvel style.. and if they make a wonder woman movie I want Kate Beckinsale as Wonder Woman, she can do the action scenes.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2012, 08:08:42 PM

Great.  Crew of the Enterprise goes back in time to 9/11.

Sounded like the Prometheus trailer for a while there.

When the last movie involved a Space Pearl Harbor, an entire planet getting imploded, and a four thousand mile hole dug in the middle of San Francisco bay, is it really appropriate to start off the trailer for the sequel with "YOU THOUGHT YOUR WORLD WAS SAFE"?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I watched TORA TORA TORA. Sneaky Nips.

On a scale from the colors White to Black, I give it a blue-black.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 07, 2012, 09:38:19 AM
I watched TORA TORA TORA. Sneaky Nips.

That's incredibly creepy, dude.  I was just now editing a ringtone from the soundtrack from the opening titles theme.

We're too fucking telepathically connected, man. Fucking Dead Ringers shit right there.