News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I got the Kubrick set today and here's some unmitigated gall for you: I popped in the Spartacus disc just 'cause, and it's preceded by five minutes of unskippable previews.  First Robin Hood, so I was like, okay, the previews are vaguely themed, which wouldn't really make it better but would help wash it down.  Then there's a preview for Macgruber.  Yeah, that's what I gave you a hundred bucks for.  Unavoidable Macgruber.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: Octavian on October 26, 2012, 03:43:40 AM
I've decided to join the Danish Netflix. I like the idea and it allows me to at least pay some money to the movie and television industry instead of always Tamasify it.

I'll celebrate it by watching Anchorman again.

They also have a large section with kids stuff dubbed in Danish.

2 1/2 year old occupied by the telly = not bothering dad.

I've already gotten parts of my circle of friends to start using "Hod" rather than god, I'm gonna try to replace "internet piracy" with "tamasifying"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ideologue on October 26, 2012, 12:54:44 PM
I got the Kubrick set today and here's some unmitigated gall for you: I popped in the Spartacus disc just 'cause, and it's preceded by five minutes of unskippable previews.  First Robin Hood, so I was like, okay, the previews are vaguely themed, which wouldn't really make it better but would help wash it down.  Then there's a preview for Macgruber.  Yeah, that's what I gave you a hundred bucks for.  Unavoidable Macgruber.

:jaron:
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 26, 2012, 02:09:55 PM
:jaron:

Are you using that as a  :nelson: rather than an :ike:? Cause that movie sucks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

I like both snails and oysters. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

If only Kubrick had the chance to direct Macgruber.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Malthus

"Unavoidable Macgruber". I like it.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 26, 2012, 02:21:12 PM

If only Kubrick had the chance to direct Macgruber.  :(
It would hav ebeen the capstone on his career.

Never saw Macgruber. Looked too fucking stupid for even when you are in teh mood to see something that is really fucking stupid.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Watching MLP with the kids. I swear I saw Rainbow Dash's cameltoe.

HELP ME.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2012, 02:42:31 PM

HELP ME.

You're on your own bub.  But I feel your pain.   :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2012, 02:42:31 PM

HELP ME.
I'm sure a lot of your fellow bronies never saw it coming.  Just a slow, gentle ponnie-fication.  Soon you'll be all about MLP:FiM. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 26, 2012, 03:04:54 PM
I'm sure a lot of your fellow bronies never saw it coming.

Did you?

The Brain

The Jackal is on TV. It's cute how the Americans act all uncomfortable when discussing torturing prisoners. :lol:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

We don't have the steel hearts and stomachs of the Swede.  :(