News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

The Cabin in the Woods. Fun, a long time since I've seen such a well executed and original spoof movie at any rate. The redheaded chick looks like that stupid the office girl, but apparently it's not her.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on September 02, 2012, 04:34:43 PM
The Cabin in the Woods. Fun, a long time since I've seen such a well executed and original spoof movie at any rate. The redheaded chick looks like that stupid the office girl, but apparently it's not her.

Are you talking about Pam from the American version of The Office?

She's not stupid  :mad:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

The American version of the Inbetweeners is a crime against humanity
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 02, 2012, 08:12:21 PM

Probably means Erin.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on September 02, 2012, 12:12:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2012, 11:50:29 AM
Yes, it certainly was a bit disconcerting, on many levels;  but to address your question in the spoiler alert, all I'll say is that not all men are created equal.

Still, Steve in that movie is the protagonist, flawed but ultimately a good father and provider. Even Alexandra acknowledges that. It's obvious that he loves his children and he is the Australian everyman, and it's that much obvious that Alexandra has snapped and really wasn't a mentally balanced woman anyway.

Steve is the protagonist, but he's passive and weak, a voyeur not just of the video but of his entire life around him.  He lacks an internal locomotion.  Whether or not Alexandra is a psycho hosebeast is incidental--he's a floormat throughout his entire life, this is merely another chapter for him.

Admiral Yi

Tried to give Money Never Sleeps a chance.  Lasted up to Gecko's "omg this man is brilliant" college lecture.  Shit.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 02, 2012, 10:46:12 PM
Tried to give Money Never Sleeps a chance.  Lasted up to Gecko's "omg this man is brilliant" college lecture.  Shit.

Bah, you should've finished it.  Gekkos rarely change their spots.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2012, 10:51:14 PM
Bah, you should've finished it.  Gekkos rarely change their spots.

omg, maybe Shia The Beef and Gekko buddy up and take down Josh Brolin to avenge Frank Langoria???  No way I could have seen that coming! :o

CountDeMoney

For God's sake, man, finish a movie for a change.

And no, I'm not spoiling it for you.

Syt

No, she and Jim just become incredibly boring after their marriage. Still, redhead would be Erin as mentioned above.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2012, 10:59:17 PM
For God's sake, man, finish a movie for a change.

And no, I'm not spoiling it for you.

I watched another hour on your say so and it was an hour more Oliver Stone crap.

Josquius

Oh. And despite the American Inbetweeners sucking the movie version of the British one comes out over there next week.
Go watch it.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Syt on September 03, 2012, 12:01:58 AM

No, she and Jim just become incredibly boring after their marriage. Still, redhead would be Erin as mentioned above.
Indeed
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Ok gotcha. I stopped watching after season 4 anyway.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on July 23, 2012, 12:49:40 AMThe violent proletarian revolution that's supposed to be occurring is less important than the fact it's snowing, and that's a kind of failure.

Aside from the career criminals and the gangs the revolution didn't seem to have any widespread support.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point