News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

The six sense is a rip off a kids scary show episode, so his one good movie isn't even his.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

I think the most offensive line was the one really early in the movie, when the SCIENCE TEACHER said something to the effect of "It's just an act of nature that science can never explain."  This is what happens when school districts hire scabs.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on August 08, 2012, 09:11:45 AM
The six sense is a rip off a kids scary show episode, so his one good movie isn't even his.

Lots of things are rip-offs of other things.  Doesn't matter.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

The whole I'm a ghost and don't know it is a pretty big rip off lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on August 08, 2012, 08:41:32 AM
I'm beginning to think that really he's not that good a film maker.

Beginning to? :bleeding:

As far as The Village, he got accused of plagiarism as its plot was very close to that of a children's book that was around at the time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

I liked the sixth sense, but all the rest of his stuff is useless apart from the Bryce Dallas Howard perving. Yes, I have a thing for red-heads.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on August 08, 2012, 09:12:30 AM
Quote from: HVC on August 08, 2012, 09:11:45 AM

Lots of things are rip-offs of other things.  Doesn't matter.

Actually it does matter as like I posted he was outright accused with The Village. Shitty movies that are cribbed from other sources?  :yucky:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2012, 09:24:28 AM

As far as The Village, he got accused of plagiarism as its plot was very close to that of a children's book that was around at the time.

I wouldn't have minded if he had made a good movie while plagiarizing the plot of a children's book. The author of the book might have had some issues, but that is an issue for the respective lawyers not me.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 08, 2012, 09:30:16 AM

I wouldn't have minded if he had made a good movie while plagiarizing the plot of a children's book. The author of the book might have had some issues, but that is an issue for the respective lawyers not me.

That's basically what I said in my next post, so yeah I agree.

Darth Wagtaros

Unbreakable was pretty good.
PDH!

Josephus

Nothing on IMDB's trivia about that:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/trivia

It does say it was inspired by Wuthering Heights and King Kong :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Well go to wikipedia / google. There are news articles about it.

Drakken

Quote from: Josephus on August 08, 2012, 10:31:10 AM

I'd buy that for a dollar. :yes:

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on August 08, 2012, 10:31:10 AM

The narrative centres on the all-encompassing, passionate, but ultimately doomed love between an early Victorian lady and a gigantic ape, and how this unresolved passion eventually destroys them and the people around them?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius