And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2012, 11:57:54 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 04, 2012, 11:41:10 PM
P.P.S. you know that fake-ass sound that action movies use to indicate two people punching each other, that sounds absolutely nothing like a human fist impacting a human body?  I hope you like it, you'll hear this sound approximately five thousand times.

You mean like this? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlHrG919E3s

No, I saw it in English.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

The kung fu fight was cool. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Pretty good movie called Limitless. Guy gets a drug that makes him see things a lot clearer. Bit cliched, but overall well done.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 06, 2012, 09:09:58 PM
Good news for Hitchcock fans. Vertigo is now officially the greatest film ever made.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9446844/Is-Alfred-Hitchcocks-thriller-Vertigo-really-the-best-film-ever-made.html

Now I don't know about all that.  I mean, it's good and has wonderful devices that only Hitchcock could think of, but greatest film ever made?   :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

FunkMonk

It's been years since I watched it but I remember it being strangely hypnotizing. That bit at the end scared the bejesus out of me for some reason.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

Green Lantern...sucked

Jack and Jill....stupid
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 09:14:22 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 06, 2012, 09:09:58 PM
Good news for Hitchcock fans. Vertigo is now officially the greatest film ever made.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9446844/Is-Alfred-Hitchcocks-thriller-Vertigo-really-the-best-film-ever-made.html

Now I don't know about all that.  I mean, it's good and has wonderful devices that only Hitchcock could think of, but greatest film ever made?   :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
It's not even Hitch's best film ever.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Josquius

Pandorum- Wahoo, a modern sci-fi I've never heard of I thought. It was....meh. Why is it so many sci-fi films seems to be 'horrors' (in the slashing psycho killer/monster vein). It really is a shockingly huge percentage. Guess it makes for a cheap film if its all in badly lit corridors.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on August 07, 2012, 10:11:40 AM
Pandorum- Wahoo, a modern sci-fi I've never heard of I thought. It was....meh. Why is it so many sci-fi films seems to be 'horrors' (in the slashing psycho killer/monster vein). It really is a shockingly huge percentage. Guess it makes for a cheap film if its all in badly lit corridors.

Thought the end was kinda cool, though.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 07, 2012, 08:35:19 AM
Quote from: Scipio on August 07, 2012, 08:14:43 AM

Concur.

Better than Psycho and Rear Window, which are the others which get lots of critical buzz.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Scipio

Concur.
My vote is either To Catch a Thief or North by Northwest.  Hitch movies with Cary Grant in car chases are the best.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on August 07, 2012, 01:14:22 PM

Concur.
My vote is either To Catch a Thief or North by Northwest.  Hitch movies with Cary Grant in car chases are the best.

Yup.  North By Northwest for me.  Hitchcock's best, IMHO.