And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on August 01, 2012, 05:05:10 PM
That movie kept me up all night.

Yeah, definitely one of the most creepiest scenes ever.

Eddie Teach

Battlestar Galactica- Final season was a bit overlong and the resolution was poor, but decent series overall.

p.s. I'm pretty sure Starbuck was a chick.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

The original sounds like a real sausage fest.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Almost done with the first season of X-files.  Gillian Anderson Is really, really hot.  David Dukunov or whatever is kinda annoying.  While some episodes are not very good, there are a lot of really good ones.  One thing that impresses me is that despite a shoestring budget the camera work and most of the acting and directing are really strong.  It really shows what you can do with talented directing and editing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

^^^

GEts better. Peaks around season 5, still good till season 7.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on August 03, 2012, 04:09:16 PM
^^^

GEts better. Peaks around season 5, still good till season 7.
'Peaks' might be a strong term.  It's on a pretty high plateau up until Mulder leaves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I forgot when I stopped watching.  It wasn't that I disliked it, it was just that I became a high school student and had other stuff to do.  Like planing revenge on people or having a nervous breakdown.  I remember thinking it was retarded to have one of the main leads leave the show.  Especially since he's only a so-so actor.  It's like William Shatner leaving Star Trek to make Horror at 37,000 Feet.  Though really, the producers should have written out an arch ahead of time (or at least by the second or third season), and know exactly where they intend to go and when to end it.

Complaints aside, it's a good show.  I also miss boxy cars, phone booths, and cell phones that you could bludgeon someone with.  What I wouldn't give to go back to 1994. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on August 03, 2012, 06:27:15 PM
I also miss boxy cars, phone booths, and cell phones that you could bludgeon someone with.  What I wouldn't give to go back to 1994. :(

You and me both, kid.  You and me both.

Drakken

Quote from: Razgovory on August 03, 2012, 04:02:41 PM
Almost done with the first season of X-files.  Gillian Anderson Is really, really hot.  David Dukunov or whatever is kinda annoying.

Then don't ever watch Californication, because your annoyance will skyrocket outside the atmosphere. He's basically playing himself on cocaine, booze, and pussy.

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 03, 2012, 06:27:15 PM
Complaints aside, it's a good show.  I also miss boxy cars, phone booths, and cell phones that you could bludgeon someone with.  What I wouldn't give to go back to 1994. :(

There's actually a really good parody episode at one point where they flashback to the late  80s or something and at one point Mulder pulls out one of the original mobile phones from his jacket pocket. It was one of those bricks that almost required two hands to hold.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 01, 2012, 08:52:05 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 01, 2012, 02:29:58 AM
It was clear, it just didn't make sense.  I think you're over thinking it.

There's a shocka. DID I JUST HEAR THE OBSCURE ACCENT OF THE GREEKS OF THE WESTERN PELOPONNESE?

Lol listen to that charming Bactrian brogue.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sophie Scholl

Finished Season 1 of The Glades and working my way through the second now.  An amusing little diversion of a show.  Longmire is also watchable in my opinion.  Two from A&E that I owe my pops for introducing me to.  The females on the shows are nice eye candy as well.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."