News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

The one with the weird laugh? I'll never see Ney's cavalry charge or him addressing the Guard the same way again.

Are you France? Are you the Guard? *horselaugh*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Yep that was him. Just passed away in 2005.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Ben Grimm was in The Last Starfighter? Didn't remember that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Preston was the recruiter. Dude WAS the Music Man.

copilot was the CEO. Learn something new every day.
PDH!

katmai

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 17, 2012, 08:02:29 PM
Preston was the recruiter. Dude WAS the Music Man.

Yeah couldn't remember his last name.

CountDeMoney

LOL, Rush Limbaugh was pontificating how "coincidental" it was how the villain Bane in the Dark Knight Rises just so happened to be phonetically similar to Mittenses' Bain, and how interesting it is that the film is being released the summer before the election.   :hmm: :yeahright:

katmai

Scipio

Blimpbaugh is a great demagogue.  Knows shit about comics, but just like Barry, he can rile up his base with utter bullshit.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadImmortalMan

Surely that was a joke. One of the listeners would have corrected it quickly otherwise.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2012, 08:30:34 PM
LOL, Rush Limbaugh was pontificating how "coincidental" it was how the villain Bane in the Dark Knight Rises just so happened to be phonetically similar to Mittenses' Bain, and how interesting it is that the film is being released the summer before the election.   :hmm: :yeahright:

The ignorance of it makes me want to shit concentrated nerd rage into Rush Limbaugh's lungs.

Especially given that the beauty of Bane is that he's a man whose main goal in life is to break a billionaire's back.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I'm watching Toy Story 2 for the first time in many many years and really realising how many famous voices there are...
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I saw the pilot of Political Animals, the one loosely based on the Clintons. It was entertaining enough.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Damages Season 5

Just caught up on episodes 1 and 2. I like when shows know it is going to be their final season so the writers can prepare accordingly. Episodes seem to be nice and tight, and love Patty taunting Ellen.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

The Dark Knight Rises.

I should have known better than to doubt Christopher Nolan. Excellent movie to end his trilogy.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

They've been running Gang Related this weekend on cable.  One of the most underrated corrupt cop flicks out there.  Great story.  Tupac AND James Earl Jones?  Cool.