News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2012, 06:51:44 AM
All of you are pushing my Mod buttons, man.  I grow weary of this insolence.  :mad:

Unlike some other Robin Hoods I can speak with an enlish accent.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

11B4V

Quote from: Viking on May 28, 2012, 02:17:16 AM
Open Range is not remotely original since it has the same plot as 500 westerns before it.

Great movie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on May 28, 2012, 06:58:18 AM
Unlike some other Robin Hoods I can speak with an enlish accent.

Can't spell it, though.  Ass.

Admiral Yi

Tombstone was an excellent study of confrontation, which is the heart and soul of the Western.

I've never been able to sit all the way through Wyatt Earp.  I felt bad for Dennis Quaid, losing 60 pounds for such a crap movie.

Scipio

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 28, 2012, 01:38:19 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2012, 01:33:01 AM
ENOUGH OF THIS ANTI-COSTNERIANISM DAMMIT
I SHALL HAVE NO MORE OF THIS

I'm actually on your side, I rather like Costner.  Especially in roles like The Untouchables.

But the movies that came primarily from him are generally mediocre (I won't say awful, like Viking), while at the same I think they are also visually spectacular. (i.e. Dances with Wolves/The Postman).

Waterworld, is of course, the stinker of an exception.
Open Range is OSSUM.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Viking

Quote from: 11B4V on May 28, 2012, 06:55:30 AM
From rotten

Tombstone 73%

Wyatt Earp 42%

:bash:

IMDB

Wyatt Earp 6.5

Tombstone 7.7
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Capetan Mihali

Re-watched "Bad Lieutenant" (the 1992 Abel Ferrara), then decided to check out "Training Day."  It was hilarious, and its weird plotline did not detract from D. Washington's tour de force.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 27, 2012, 11:33:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2012, 11:16:50 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 27, 2012, 09:13:23 AM
Just how many lockers do they go through before they record the ones with the Michaelangelo or a few hundred grand in cash hidden in them?

They also seem to just make up the prices from a random number generator.

Dave Hester:  This TV stand...I would sell it in my shop for 1000 dollars
Darrell: This is a 275 dollar bill!
Jerrod and his whore wife: Who cares what they think?
Barry: Hey! Look at my hot rod and cult leader jacket!

:lol:

The wife isn't unattractive at least.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2012, 09:50:34 PM
I thought Apocalypto was a lot of fun, actually.  Great chase flick.

Yes, it was.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Apocalypto is worth watching. For sure. Great chase scene, but also the opening stuff on the pyramids is pretty cool. Great scenery and story telling overall.
Just cause Mel Gibson is an angry Jew hater --and who isn't?-- doesn't mean he can't make good movies still. I still want to watch Beaver some day.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Can we all agree that the Postman was an awful flick at least?  Waterworld wasn't as bad as some the critics claimed it was (I think a lot of folk wanted it to be awful because of how much money was spent on it), though it had a huge boring lull in the middle of it.  The Postman was just bad.  Poorly written, pretentious, and often very silly.  Which is a shame since the book was very cool and great stab in the eye to the nascent survivalist movement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 28, 2012, 09:54:15 AM
Just how many lockers do they go through before they record the ones with the Michaelangelo or a few hundred grand in cash hidden in them?

She is a total bitch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2012, 12:55:19 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 28, 2012, 09:54:15 AM

She is a total bitch.

And has a tramp stamp.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 28, 2012, 12:02:47 PM
Can we all agree that the Postman was an awful flick at least?  Waterworld wasn't as bad as some the critics claimed it was (I think a lot of folk wanted it to be awful because of how much money was spent on it), though it had a huge boring lull in the middle of it.  The Postman was just bad.  Poorly written, pretentious, and often very silly.  Which is a shame since the book was very cool and great stab in the eye to the nascent survivalist movement.

I actually rank The Postman as a "bad, but fun to watch" movie.  The kind I could stumble onto while flipping channels and continue watching from any point. 

I also think the cinematography is pretty good and very well done visually.

Though I think the very end scene is rather lame, and overall the film could have been done much better.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2012, 01:33:01 AM
ENOUGH OF THIS ANTI-COSTNERIANISM DAMMIT
I SHALL HAVE NO MORE OF THIS
The Bodyguard was the greatest movie ever done :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.