News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

It is more like thinking of "the break room" in the context of that movie.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on May 23, 2012, 07:29:10 PM
I dunno.  I always liked Warlock, but I liked the Silver Surfer more.

As for Danvers, she can go to hell.  Her Civil War behavior was reprehensible.

The Surfer's good.  It's a shame FF2 worked out so poorly.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on May 23, 2012, 11:18:21 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 23, 2012, 07:29:10 PM
I dunno.  I always liked Warlock, but I liked the Silver Surfer more.

As for Danvers, she can go to hell.  Her Civil War behavior was reprehensible.

The Surfer's good.  It's a shame FF2 worked out so poorly.
I find that he only works if the author has the courage to make Galactus something that you can talk with.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Concur.  I can understand, to a degree, why the look may be modified; but Galactus is one of the more interesting voices in the Marvel universe, and the relationship between him and his herald(s) compelling and necessary (except Airwalker).  Why throw that away?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on May 23, 2012, 02:18:52 AM
Oh, I meant to say I watched Avengers the other night.  It was really cool.

However, the scope of the threat presented at the end was... weak.  It was fun to watch but I never bought that the regular military couldn't have handled that shit.

Neil!  Did you see it, and the first interstitial credits sequence?  The sequel tease.

They could fuck that up.  But that line, and the reaction shot, was perfect.  Dunno about blue eyes, though.  Where the fuck did they get that from? :shrug:
Darkseid > Thanos
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on May 23, 2012, 02:52:46 AM
Here's another random thing I liked, and I wonder if they had to fight for--Cap's affirmation of his Christianity (well, I'm assuming he's not Jewish or Muslim or a Sikh).  I thought that was a great line, and true to him being some standard issue white guy from 1945.
Not impossible that he's Jewish.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

If he was Jewish, he wouldn't be Captain America. :mellow:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josephus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 23, 2012, 03:15:31 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 23, 2012, 02:48:56 PM
I'd rather her below me than the Invisible Man...if you know what I mean.
What about the Invisible Woman?

An attractive invisible woman is sort of pointless.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2012, 02:31:47 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 23, 2012, 02:18:52 AM
Oh, I meant to say I watched Avengers the other night.  It was really cool.

However, the scope of the threat presented at the end was... weak.  It was fun to watch but I never bought that the regular military couldn't have handled that shit.

Neil!  Did you see it, and the first interstitial credits sequence?  The sequel tease.

They could fuck that up.  But that line, and the reaction shot, was perfect.  Dunno about blue eyes, though.  Where the fuck did they get that from? :shrug:
Darkseid > Thanos
I could sort of see that, except that a villain is only as good as his opposition, and Marvel has much better heroes than DC.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Better than captain Carrot and his Zoo Crew? Or Bat-Mite?
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on May 23, 2012, 02:48:56 PM
I'd rather her below me than the Invisible Man...if you know what I mean.

there is that joke about the flash stealing a quickie with wonder woman while she is getting boned by the invisible man
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Yeah. I remember a variant of that joke from my teens (gosh, 30 years ago).

Went something like:

Batman and Robin were waiting for Superman to show up at a super heroes meeting. Superman finally shows up, about half an hour late.

"Where were you?" Batman asks.

"Well," Superman says." I was flying over tall buildings on my way over here, when I see Wonder Woman lying on a rooftop, completely naked, legs wide apart...."

"Really?" Robin asks.

"Yeah," Superman continues. "So I thought I'd go down and show her what a Man of Steel is all about, if you know what I mean."

"I sure do," Batman says. "I bet she was surprised."

"Well yeah, "Superman blushes. "Though not as much as the Invisible Man."

Pa-Rum-Pum.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Watched the Community shows on demand where Cheng becomes dictator. Other than Cheng's bits, utterly forgettable.

I can see why Sony fired the creator of the show.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

AMC's traditional Memorial Day War Heroes Weekend Marathon.

Here's the line-up:

QuoteA Bridge Too Far
Tomorrow 9:00am

Patton
Tomorrow 1:00pm

The Green Berets
Tomorrow 5:00pm

The Dirty Dozen
Tomorrow 8:00pm

Midway
Tomorrow 11:30pm

The Great Raid
Saturday 2:30am

Tank Commandos
Saturday 5:30am

Battle of the Bulge
Saturday 7:15am

The Green Berets
Saturday 11:00am

Midway
Saturday 2:00pm

Heartbreak Ridge
Saturday 5:00pm

Flags of Our Fathers
Saturday 8:00pm

Letters From Iwo Jima
Saturday 11:00pm

Patton
Sunday 2:09am

To Hell and Back
Sunday 10:04am

Apocalypse Now Redux
Sunday 12:32pm

Hart's War
Sunday 5:00pm

To Hell and Back
Monday 3:12am

Submarine Seahawk
Monday 9:00am

Heartbreak Ridge
Monday 11:00am

The Green Berets
Monday 2:00pm

Midway
Monday 5:00pm

Flags of Our Fathers
Monday 8:00pm

Too much Midway, not enough Green Berets.  Sulu with claymores is Numbah 1.

Darth Wagtaros

I shall watch Longest Day and Kelly's Heroes.
PDH!