Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on May 14, 2012, 09:43:04 AM
Looks promising:
http://www.nbc.com/revolution/about/

It also looks cancelled 6 weeks in, followed by a trillion transistor(or 5-6 ipods) mailed to NBC HQ in protest.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2012, 09:55:03 AM
I said the "best goddamned thing", not the "only goddamned thing."

And since when were you deputized with The Taste Police, bitch?

It read like something BB or Spiess would say. I didn't expect you to be so conventional.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 14, 2012, 10:05:36 AM

It read like something BB or Spiess would say. I didn't expect you to be so conventional.  :P

:P  I prefer Hulu for my Criterion/foreign fixes. 
Netflix has a decent English TV selection, but Hulu has more overseas variety, with French, Korean and Bollywood selections.

But I do need several Star Trek TOS episodes a week.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2012, 11:01:09 AM
Watched Warrior this AM.  A lot more than an MMA fight flick, a suprisingly sensitive drama.  Very well done, in the vein The Wrestler was very well done.
Joel Edgarton, Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte are excellent.

OMFG I've had that movie out from Netflix for one year and three months.  Jesus, I'd forgotten.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Watching the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon again.  Man, what a great show.

And basically the best reimagining of Brainiac ever.  I really, really wish they'd rebooted the Legion along these lines in the New 52 debacle, but, no, Paul Levitz is still alive, so he gets to do whatever he wants FOREVER no matter how few people give a shit.

(That said, and this is more comics related, the Secret Origins miniseries is actually about 1000 times more readable and interesting than Levitz' actual LoSH comic.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on May 15, 2012, 04:14:39 AM
Watched Warrior this AM.  A lot more than an MMA fight flick, a suprisingly sensitive drama.  Very well done, in the vein The Wrestler was very well done.

OMFG I've had that movie out from Netflix for one year and three months.  Jesus, I'd forgotten.

Amazing how the Netflix police don't seem to care about stuff like that.
You should watch it.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on May 15, 2012, 04:17:44 AM

And basically the best reimagining of Brainiac ever.  I really, really wish they'd rebooted the Legion along these lines in the New 52 debacle, but, no, Paul Levitz is still alive, so he gets to do whatever he wants FOREVER no matter how few people give a shit.

(That said, and this is more comics related, the Secret Origins miniseries is actually about 1000 times more readable and interesting than Levitz' actual LoSH comic.)
No Cosmic Boy = unwatchable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 14, 2012, 10:05:36 AM

I would never say that.

Each and every one of the shows Seedy mentioned are not on Netflix Canada. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habsburg

Studio fucked it's marketing, should have a bigger film, very good.

At least Nolte got a deserved Oscar nomination.

katmai

Had a friend who worked on it in casting.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habsburg on May 15, 2012, 11:23:49 PM

Studio fucked it's marketing, should have a bigger film, very good.

At least Nolte got a deserved Oscar nomination.

I'll admit, it was a fucking tearjerker at the end.   :Embarrass: :blush:

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on May 15, 2012, 07:32:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 15, 2012, 04:17:44 AM

No Cosmic Boy = unwatchable.

Cos is in it.  He's voiced by Wesley Crusher.  I actually sort of liked how he was off doing leader/PR shit for most of the first season, which led to a disconnect with the regulars who were mainly centered around Earth.

And anyway, Cos is only like my sixth or seventh favorite Legionnaire anyway.  Now, what sucks is that there's hardly any Ultra Boy, and no Mon-El whatsoever.  Particularly with the latter, I'd have been interested to see how the writers played him, considering how dark they went with Brainiac 5.  I imagine he probably would've showed up in a prospective season 3.  Shame it got cancelled.  As far as the TV Legion universe goes, Nemesis Kid is forever a good guy, and actually really nice. :lol:
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2012, 06:43:28 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 15, 2012, 04:14:39 AM

Amazing how the Netflix police don't seem to care about stuff like that.

Well, I've basically bought it like six times at this point. :bleeding:

QuoteYou should watch it.

Aronofsky = yes.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Oh man, Clint Eastwood's Firefox is on Encore.  Talk about a Cold War star-spangled jizzfest before its time.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2012, 12:40:40 AM
Oh man, Clint Eastwood's Firefox is on Encore.  Talk about a Cold War star-spangled jizzfest before its time.

Watched in through their On Demand last week :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son