Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

The Killing.

Naturally the server farm burned down, after the new lieutenant sat on the warrants. 

Holder's out of control, needs to talk to his sponsor.

Stan is most definitely getting mobbed the fuck back up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 08, 2012, 08:50:38 PM
Naturally the server farm burned down, after the new lieutenant sat on the warrants. 

Holy shit, they're Janek's servers.
They didn't burn because the cops were close.  They were burned because Stan was close.   :ph34r:

Josquius

Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads, the movie- I never much cared for the series but the film was quite a fun little piece of nostalgia. Yes. I feel nostalgia for a time I never lived in. My upbringing must have been odd.

The Social Network- Surprisingly good given the dull subject matter. Though I thought the Facebook guy had a Chinese girl friend all through uni? I wish I knew how to do web programming...
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Watched the first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender, pretty damn good I think.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I heard that was good and tried to watch it but I just couldn't see past it being a kid's cartoon.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 11, 2012, 08:27:34 AM
I heard that was good and tried to watch it but I just couldn't see past it being a kid's cartoon.
It becomes steadily more mature as the season goes on.

Still, it is for kids, but how is that different then Pixar movies or most anime? Some things aimed for kids are good for all ages.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Titanic (1943)

On French state TV (Cinéma de Minuit), at last a proper use of taxpayer money!

Honest and dutiful German (First officer Petersen) tries to save the ship from the intrigues-ridden world of British plutocracy and Jewish greed (Ismay). SPOILER : British arrogance provokes a disaster...

Much less pathos than Cameron's version as well. Some subplots borrowed or inspired to James as well.
Much better than paying 10 euros to watch a 3d version. :)
Some shots were recycled in a Night to Remember as well.
Less propaganda or at least, more subtle than in Jud Süss ;)

PS: was also screened on Easter Monday in Frankfurt at the Deutsches Film Museum
http://deutsches-filminstitut.de/blog/100-jahre-untergang-der-titanic/#1

Viking

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2012, 09:41:50 AM
Titanic (1943)

On French state TV (Cinéma de Minuit), at last a proper use of taxpayer money!

Honest and dutiful German (First officer Petersen) tries to save the ship from the intrigues of Americano-British plutocracy and Jewish greed (Ismay). SPOILER : British arrogance provokes a disaster...

Much less pathos than Cameron's version as well. Some subplots borrowed or inspired to James as well.
Much better than paying 10 euros to watch a 3d version. :)
Some shots were recycled in a Night to Remember as well.
Less propaganda or at least, more subtle than in Jud Süss ;)

Very topical given the recent massacre of french soldiers and jewish toddlers in tolouse.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Viking on April 11, 2012, 09:46:12 AM
Very topical given the recent massacre of french soldiers and jewish toddlers in tolouse.

Can't escape the 100th anniversary of the sinking... It was scheduled for months anyways.

http://www.francetv.fr/culturebox/le-cinema-de-patrick-brion

Viking

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2012, 09:54:29 AM

Can't escape the 100th anniversary of the sinking... It was scheduled for months anyways.

Yes, but there are lots of Titanic movies which don't have Joseph Göbbels as Executive Producer.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Scipio

Quote from: Viking on April 11, 2012, 12:17:16 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2012, 09:54:29 AM

Yes, but there are lots of Titanic movies which don't have Joseph Göbbels as Executive Producer.
On that note, I'm reading Piers Paul Read's latest, The Dreyfus Affair.  Holy shit, those Frenchies fucking hated the Jews.  Wow.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josephus

Quote from: Scipio on April 11, 2012, 01:41:08 PM
On that note, I'm reading Piers Paul Read's latest, The Dreyfus Affair.  Holy shit, those Frenchies fucking hated the Jews.  Wow.

Read Eco's latest, The Prague Cemetery....he really gets into that whole Dreyfus affair thing.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 11, 2012, 08:08:04 AM
Watched the first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender, pretty damn good I think.

I got thru to half of the 2nd & then I couldn't deal with kids stuff. Hopefully, the new series will be more mature.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on April 11, 2012, 01:41:08 PM
Holy shit, those Frenchies fucking hated the Jews.  Wow.

Heh.  Past tense.