News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: PRC on April 04, 2012, 10:24:34 PM
Total Recall 2012 Trailer starring Colin Farrell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg&feature=endscreen

So much blue... so much orange... so much lens flare. :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 05, 2012, 06:18:39 AM
Quote from: PRC on April 04, 2012, 10:24:34 PM
Total Recall 2012 Trailer starring Colin Farrell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg&feature=endscreen

So much blue... so much orange... so much lens flare. :bleeding:

While it's infinitely annoying, it's much more sad to see Hollywood remaking so many films that are still relatively recent. It is a waste of time, money and a true lack of imagination.

One can only wonder about the sheer amount of fine, quality films that while never have the chance to see the light of day from major production houses wasting their time needlessly making remakes.

Now I sorta know how derfetuss feels about abortion.  :(

Viking

agreeing with seedy her, spending money on a film seems to require guaranteed success these days. So you are going to go for proved formulas wherever possible. Film is moving from being like cable to being like network tv, only with much bigger budgets.

I see no reason to go and see Total Recall II. I'd rather watch a movie with a similar plot not called Total Recall.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Its super common these days to see people complaining about the amount of remakes, there do seem to be a lot in recent years compared to the few years before that....but overall its nothing new.
Hollywood has been doing remakes within a few decades of the original for years.

Since they're doing an actual Total Recall adaption I hope a Starship Troopers adaption won't be far down the line....
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Good lord, there is a filmed adaptation of Cloud Atlas in the works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Atlas_(film)

Concept art: http://io9.com/5871341/cloud-atlas-concept-art-shows-us-the-wachowskis-vision-of-2144-seoul?tag=cloudatlas

Cloud Atlas was a work of literary genius, perhaps the best book I've read in the past decade - but I can't imagine that making a film of it is a good idea.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on April 05, 2012, 09:10:24 AM
Since they're doing an actual Total Recall adaption I hope a Starship Troopers adaption won't be far down the line....

Unless both have MICHAEL FUCKING IRONSIDE they will be failures.

Josquius

Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn. Technically rather cool, I liked the dog, but as a film rather mediocre.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Shutter Island. Movies of this genre face a problem that is not easily overcome.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on April 05, 2012, 06:39:15 PM
And what is that?

You sit and guess how many layers the "twist" will have instead of watching the movie. Which isn't very productive.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Okay, the Community Pillow Fight episode just might be the best one.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Watched a bit of "Mooz-lum" last night, about a black Muslim family (who are not Black Muslims) leading up to and after 9/11.  PC hogwash.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2012, 07:15:25 PM

SPOILERS !

you ass.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2012, 07:46:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2012, 07:15:25 PM

SPOILERS !

you ass.

I'll see you Monday.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son