TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Shows how much you watched, he's from Wisconsin. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2012, 05:38:54 PM
Watched a little bit of Cedar Rapids last night.  They got too much wrong for me to really enjoy it.  Someone travelling from Minnesota thinks Cedar Rapids is the big time?  They're all angling for some Christian insurance company award but they all drink like fish and swear like British women?

Good grief, is this some Languish meme I spy in the making ?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on March 19, 2012, 05:41:57 PM
Shows how much you watched, he's from Wisconsin. :rolleyes:

:hmm:  You sure?

katmai

YOU DARE DOUBT ME YI?!?!?!?!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Quote from: Josephus on March 19, 2012, 03:58:51 PM
Walking Dead smashed ratings for all AMC programs. Would have thought MadMen did better, but I guess not. Maybe they'll increase the budget now.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/19/walking-dead-finale-record-viewership/

Mad Men has (appropriately) never had ratings that were all that strong.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on March 19, 2012, 07:13:45 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 19, 2012, 03:58:51 PM
Walking Dead smashed ratings for all AMC programs. Would have thought MadMen did better, but I guess not. Maybe they'll increase the budget now.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/19/walking-dead-finale-record-viewership/

Mad Men has (appropriately) never had ratings that were all that strong.

I've noticed that AMC's plugs for Mad Men seem to be very desperately trying to draw WD viewers.

What they really need to do is have their ads show more Christina Hendricks.

Eddie Teach

Or Jessica Pare, who they haven't been showing at all.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I thought last week's walking dead was the last one. Pleasant surprise to see this week too.
Looks like they may be going away from the drama and in more of a zombie fantasy direction next series with the swordy zombie pet girl. Which is nice.
I do like a good drama but I much prefer Walking Dead it is more action focussed.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

In Walking Dead, which character was Merle?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on March 20, 2012, 08:28:46 AM
In Walking Dead, which character was Merle?

Michael Rooker, Daryl's brother.  Racist redneck that Rick left handcuffed on the roof of the building in Atlanta, went back for him to find out he sawed his hand off to escape.

Gotta feeling he's gonna be pissed when he shows up.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Indeed. Almost as exciting as that My Little Pony thing Lettow mentioned.  :w00t:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney