News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2012, 02:17:06 AM

And what was that building off in the distance at the end?  Looked like a prison.  If so, not cool.

It indeed is a prison, main location in comics after Herschel's farm.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on March 19, 2012, 03:43:44 AM

And what was that building off in the distance at the end?  Looked like a prison.  If so, not cool.

It indeed is a prison, main location in comics after Herschel's farm.

Ah.  So not cool on a good day, let alone a zombiepocalypse.

FunkMonk

And Rick flipping the fuck out at the end didn't do much for everybody's faith in him.  Knowing he killed Shane, they're definitely looking at him differently.
What I don't get is why Lori kinda wigged out the way she did when Rick told her about Shane.  Bitch, he killed him for you.

Rick is just tired of everyone's shit. The burdens of leadership are starting to tell. Compound that with the estrangement from his wife and child and it's easy to see him burst off the rails and go into 'crazy Shane' territory.

As for Lori, she basically told Shane she loved him two episodes ago (which acted like a giant SHANE IS GONNA DIE NOW clue). I can see how she might react negatively toward the man who killed the other man who may be her baby's daddy.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 19, 2012, 06:43:45 AM
And Rick flipping the fuck out at the end didn't do much for everybody's faith in him.  Knowing he killed Shane, they're definitely looking at him differently.
What I don't get is why Lori kinda wigged out the way she did when Rick told her about Shane.  Bitch, he killed him for you.

Rick is just tired of everyone's shit. The burdens of leadership are starting to tell. Compound that with the estrangement from his wife and child and it's easy to see him burst off the rails and go into 'crazy Shane' territory.

Hey, I'm digging new Power Rick, somebody who should've showed up ages ago.  This isn't a democracy anymore.  Great fucking line.

QuoteAs for Lori, she basically told Shane she loved him two episodes ago (which acted like a giant SHANE IS GONNA DIE NOW clue). I can see how she might react negatively toward the man who killed the other man who may be her baby's daddy.

Well, she needs to man the fuck up;  it wasn't so long ago she was whispering into Rick's ear what a threat Shane was;  she saw it before he did.  So what's the man to do?  He gave Shane every fucking chance to come back to the reservation, but that nutty nigger wasn't checking the "read receipt" box anymore.  Had to punch his ticket.

And what's the deal with the katana-wielding chick with the two walker pets with no arms?  That's barely a fucking step up from Daryl collecting his Walker Cong ears.

I never read the source material, but I know "The Governor" is coming, and I hear that's a bad thing.  So's Michael Rooker, and that just might be even worse, now that Daryl's cast his lot with Rick.

Interesting factoid: Dale's RV was the same make and model as the one used in the 1987 Mel Brooks farce "Spaceballs".  Lulz.  IM MY OWN BEST FRIEND

Darth Wagtaros

Depp is Barnabus Collins in teh Dark Shadows movie.  Looks too awful, even though I am a Tim Burton fan.
PDH!

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2012, 06:56:19 AM

Well, she needs to man the fuck up;  it wasn't so long ago she was whispering into Rick's ear what a threat Shane was;  she saw it before he did.  So what's the man to do?  He gave Shane every fucking chance to come back to the reservation, but that nutty nigger wasn't checking the "read receipt" box anymore.  Had to punch his ticket.

Maybe she's pissed she doesn't have two men fighting over her now.  :lol:
It didn't help her that Rick told her that Carl had to put zombie Shane down like a dog. First my husband kills my former lover, then my son kills his zombie remnant.  :cry:

But yeah, she's been terribly inconsistent regarding Shane.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 19, 2012, 12:25:19 PM

But yeah, she's been terribly inconsistent regarding Shane.

So she's being a woman.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2012, 06:56:19 AM
And what's the deal with the katana-wielding chick with the two walker pets with no arms?  That's barely a fucking step up from Daryl collecting his Walker Cong ears.
The Source Material is a comic book.  Do they need any reason to bring a katana-wielding chick in the lot?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

It seems Spartacus is aiming in the direction I thought it would, with the final episode of this season being the confrontation between Glaber's army and Spartacus' gladiators.  Should be fun to watch.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Walking Dead smashed ratings for all AMC programs. Would have thought MadMen did better, but I guess not. Maybe they'll increase the budget now.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/19/walking-dead-finale-record-viewership/
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Oh and here's the show's writer, one of them, Robert Kirkman talking about the whole Lori thing.

Lori was extremely upset when she learned Rick had killed Shane. But she did everything but print up "PLEASE KILL SHANE!" T-shirt, basically.
[Laughs] Look, she's a very complicated character and this is a very complicated world. No matter what her actions may have appeared to be, she loved Shane and she loved Rick. These are two men who were a big part of her life for many, many, many years. So the revelation that her husband is a murderer and also murdered his best friend is always going to be somewhat jarring, I would think.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on March 19, 2012, 03:58:51 PM
Walking Dead smashed ratings for all AMC programs. Would have thought MadMen did better, but I guess not. Maybe they'll increase the budget now.

Advertising's just not as captivating a subject matter to Joe Sixpack as the zombiepocalypse.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Quote from: Josephus on March 19, 2012, 03:58:51 PM

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/19/walking-dead-finale-record-viewership/

Season Three will be 16 episodes. :)

Admiral Yi

Watched a little bit of Cedar Rapids last night.  They got too much wrong for me to really enjoy it.  Someone travelling from Minnesota thinks Cedar Rapids is the big time?  They're all angling for some Christian insurance company award but they all drink like fish and swear like British women?