And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 10:18:36 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 16, 2012, 10:13:53 AM
The only redeeming part is Darth Maul and his fights.

Yeah, he was badass.  If Lucas had been smart he wouldn't have killed him off, and made him an ongoing baddie in the trilogy.  But no, Lucas isn't smart.

Not even going to discuss the obtuse and insulting Japanese, Jamaican and antisemitic caricatures in Episode I.  One of the worst films of all time.
Surpassed only by Episode II, which glamorizes rape and stupid teenagers to an untold degree.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

viper37

Rape?  In Episode II?  Refresh my memories please...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Episode two had some of the worst acting and writing I had ever seen in major motion picture.  Like Battlefield Earth bad.  Battlefield Earth was at least so bad it's funny.  The newer Star Wars films were just fucking boring.  The fact that some characters are annoying or the plot doesn't make any sense is dwarfed by this single fact.  The films are boring.  A film with a nonsense plot or a few annoying characters can still be okay.  Or at least watchable.  Not if it's boring.  It takes real work to make a film full of sword fights and exploding spaceships dull.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Watched a little bit of The Core last night, about drilling to the center of the earth to stop people from getting hit by lightning (???).  Crapfest.  A surprising number of middle weight actors signed up for this shitbox.

Ed Anger

Plus it has Hillary Swank, inventor of the horseface.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Hillary Swank and drilling don't mix.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 16, 2012, 04:49:42 PM
Plus it has Hillary Swank, inventor of the horseface.
I think Julia Roberts had it patented long before Hills came along.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tonitrus

Meh, I'd do both...but maybe I am just an equestrian.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 16, 2012, 06:23:56 PM
Meh, I'd do both...but maybe I am just an equestrian.

Neigh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Julia Roberts was actually hot back in the day. Swank does not live up to Hollywood/internet standards.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2012, 06:29:13 PM
Julia Roberts was actually hot back in the day.

Wrong.  Was never hot.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Still occasionally plodding through the netflix trial:

'Angels and Daemons' - da vinci code thing with tom hanks, barely passable.

'Lava girl and shark boy' - ok, didn't realise it was not intended for adults  :blush:, though Robert Rodriquez is a good director

Happy Accidents' - Marisa Tomei - time traveller romantic comedy - good !

'War Inc' - John Cusack, Marisa Tomei - excellent satire.

'Along Came A Spider' - Morgan Freeman thriller about a child kidnap. - ok

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"