And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 03:35:06 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 27, 2012, 03:13:38 PM
And sure they move, but they appear to do so in a very predictable manner, at least locally. Hell, you could probably pretty easily lure them all into a pit mine or something.

What was disconcerting to me--and I don't know if it develops more later on, or is part of the graphic novel--was their ability to move en masse in a specific direction, like in Atlanta and more importantly on the highway when Sophia got lost;  it seemed almost migratory.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of cool. Anything to make them less random is good, IMO, since it makes them more dangerous.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

I'm not a vehicle.  And I would leave a post-it note.  "FWI, space monster on board".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on February 27, 2012, 04:01:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 03:35:06 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 27, 2012, 03:13:38 PM
And sure they move, but they appear to do so in a very predictable manner, at least locally. Hell, you could probably pretty easily lure them all into a pit mine or something.

What was disconcerting to me--and I don't know if it develops more later on, or is part of the graphic novel--was their ability to move en masse in a specific direction, like in Atlanta and more importantly on the highway when Sophia got lost;  it seemed almost migratory.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of cool. Anything to make them less random is good, IMO, since it makes them more dangerous.

Also that they seemingly "hibernate" when there is an acute lack of available food.  Probably necessary, since if they are essentially (as the CDC guy explained), reanimated brain-dead bodies using only the base central nervous system, they would presumably still require sustenance.

Tonitrus

A post on another forum got me thinking...relating to how those two cops/guards became infected with no visible bites, and how it showed they burned some zombies as well....maybe inhaling burnt zombie brings about zombieness?

Viking

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 27, 2012, 07:03:50 PM
A post on another forum got me thinking...relating to how those two cops/guards became infected with no visible bites, and how it showed they burned some zombies as well....maybe inhaling burnt zombie brings about zombieness?

Canon has it that it isn't the bite that makes you a zombie, the bite kills you. All dead turn zombie.

Rick speculates that one of the cops might have been scratched. You are right to comment this since it seems at odds with canon AND this dialogue is only relevant as specualtion into why they turned. Canon has Shane getting shot by Carl and then being buried, Rick later returns exhumes Shane who is now zombified and kills Zombie Shane. We still haven't seen a person dead by natural causes in the TV show.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

viper37

Spartacus... it's just so fucking crazy :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

Quote from: viper37 on February 27, 2012, 07:48:26 PM

I like they make legionary armor look like it's just a fashion statement.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on February 27, 2012, 07:48:26 PM

Oh fuck yeah.
That poor bastard getting tortured at the dinner party.  Man, even I'm not that hardcore to enjoy watching that shit.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on February 27, 2012, 03:59:58 PM
Why can't you not blow up the ship?  It's not like the monster is going to fly off in it and start conquering the galaxy.  She could just leave and put the space opera equivalent of a post in note on the front door that reads "horrible space monster inside.  Careful!".  And why does the space ship have a self destruct system anyway?  I've ridden in very few vehicles that have a self destruct system.
Because when the ship goes flying through human space, some poor salvage crew is going to get slaughtered, and that's immoral.

A self-destruct system is wise for a deep-space ship for safety reasons, just in case the ship loses attitude control while traveling towards someplace populated.  And since it's trivially easy to do, why wouldn't you?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

So what was the deal with Shane seeing the walker in the field? Was that supposed to be real or some kind of hallucination?

0 rows returned

Zoupa

I gave up on that show midway through season 1. Thoroughly boring. Should I have stuck with it til season 2 or what?

Berkut

I think it is excellent, but then, I thought it ranged from decent to very good in the first season, so different strokes and all that.

It isn't really an action show, which I think throws people off.

0 rows returned

Zoupa

I kept waiting for a twist on the "small group of ppl trying to survive in a zombie world" story, since there's been a gazillion movies about just that.

The twist never happened, plus the humans weren't particularly engaging. I dunno, just all around "meh".

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on February 28, 2012, 12:00:27 AM
So what was the deal with Shane seeing the walker in the field? Was that supposed to be real or some kind of hallucination?

I think it's a "looks like a walker, but is it really worth mentioning to the driver?", even though the rest of us probably say "hey look, a walker".

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on February 28, 2012, 12:18:05 AM
I kept waiting for a twist on the "small group of ppl trying to survive in a zombie world" story, since there's been a gazillion movies about just that.

The twist never happened, plus the humans weren't particularly engaging. I dunno, just all around "meh".

Yeah, there really isn't a "twist". The twist is really that the story is mostly about the people, not about the zombies. The zombies are just there to provide a backdrop of tension.

Kind of like ER or Grays Anatomy, only with zombies instead of a hospital...

0 rows returned