News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 10, 2012, 09:01:11 PM
Going to show my wife and one of her friends KISS Phantom of the Park. I will unleash the horror of the 70's tonight.

:thumbsup:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on February 10, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
Going to show my wife and one of her friends KISS Phantom of the Park. I will unleash the horror of the 70's tonight.

It was so bad, they didn't understand the complexities and nuance of the film.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 11, 2012, 08:19:39 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 10, 2012, 11:40:02 PM

It was so bad, they didn't understand the complexities and nuance of the film.

My parents wouldn't let me stay up to watch it.  :mad:

Hansmeister

I bought the first four seasons of Sons of Anarchy on the Haji market for $28 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 11, 2012, 10:44:08 AM
I bought the first four seasons of Sons of Anarchy on the Haji market for $28 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Hmmmm...it's simply anti-American to purchase pirate copies in violation of RIAA standards, but you're also doing your part to support the local indigenous population.  So it's a push, I guess.  :P

CountDeMoney

Watched The Company Men.  Topical and relevant.  For me, at least.

CountDeMoney

Anybody see 44 Inch Chest yet?  It has all my favorite Brit actors in it, so I've queued it up.

I hope when I get old and aged, I look as ruggedly edgy as Ian McShane.  But I won't.  Probably turn into Ernest Borgnine.

Hansmeister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2012, 10:46:33 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on February 11, 2012, 10:44:08 AM

Hmmmm...it's simply anti-American to purchase pirate copies in violation of RIAA standards, but you're also doing your part to support the local indigenous population.  So it's a push, I guess.  :P

It also undermines Hollywood, which is good, but SoA is made by Fox, so I'm conflicted.

But not conflicted enough.  :D

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2012, 10:46:33 AM

Hmmmm...it's simply anti-American to purchase pirate copies in violation of RIAA standards,

Yeah. What you thinking? Buying pirate copies. For shame.

There's plenty good quality ones on the torrent market.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on February 11, 2012, 10:53:29 AM
There's plenty good quality ones on the torrent market.

Fuck you, you filthy godless commie.  Hope your hard drive gets more bugs than a cracked out AIDS meth head.

Josephus

In truth, I've never downloaded anything off a torrent in my life.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

I withdraw my statement.
And point it at Martinus instead.

CountDeMoney

Battle: Los Angeles.

Awesome, pointless patriotic fun.

Admiral Yi

Bodyguards and Assasins.  Chinese flick about an attempt by the Dowager Empress to cap Sun Yat Sen in Hong Kong.  Strange mix of historical drama and kung fu action movie.  For some reason the good guys and the bad guys can only come up with two guns between them.

LaCroix

recently: tree of life

one of the worst movies i've seen in a long while. tries harder than a lars von trier flick